Hey Jacker Slackers

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by hypostomus, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nasdorq

nasdorq

Thanks for all the attention from my one line post. lol. You seem to give back as much as you demand. Your insults are cute as well. I see you place "status" on the # of one's posts. sigh...if only that counted for something in life. I don't hang out on ET all day. I have one alias. I was merely commenting on the eccentricity of your posts, but hey, I guess everyone has their own style. If I had one request....if Jack's time and energy has improved your trading/life, show a little class and respect. If your parents didn't teach you that growing up I can't help you.

I don't have any comments about channel slopes, but it's an interesting idea. I like your charts. It reinforces that I really gotta drop this 1 min chart if I'm ever to master this method. Your channels look good, but you've inquired about BO's on FTT, which means you have the same trouble with entering on FTT's as do I. I noticed BO's can work well, but to Jack this is being "late". Personally I think this is the most important piece of the puzzle. You nail point 1, and you can relax and exit on the left line after point 3. I realize it's related to market pace and PRV, both which are relatively new concepts to me. My shortcoming is my attempt at using a 1 min chart for assistance. Any thoughts on FTT's? Perhaps using BO's on thin tape channels within the wider 5 min channels as a signal? (maybe that's what you meant initially).

Care to post a chart of your trades today? I'd post one but I was playing around with equities this morning.

If there's something I've noticed with channels, is that point 1 and 2 can sometimes both be on the right line, instead of the more comman (and easier to spot) lightening bolt shaped 1-2-3's. I attached a chart. I apologize if it's elementary, just trying to contribute. The bar strange bar colors are just an experimentation with color coding volume levels.

#41     May 27, 2004
  2. nasdorq

nasdorq

#42     May 27, 2004
    #43     May 27, 2004
  4. deja vu

#44     May 27, 2004
  5. *krrrshh* Pt 3 party - your table is ready - Pt 3 party. We've had
    a cancellation by the overnight high party - calling pt 3 party...

#45     May 27, 2004
  6. That zip up surely piled up some protective stops under us...
    let's see if they get taken out...

#46     May 27, 2004
  7. Dr. R.L.Traverse - please pick up a white courtesy phone...

#47     May 27, 2004
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

5 consecutive posts. Hijacking the thread? :)

#48     May 27, 2004
  9. he's not answering :D

#49     May 27, 2004
  10. There's the bastard -- right on cue

#50     May 27, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.