Hey Jacker Slackers

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by hypostomus, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I will also ... backtest the stupid idea of your choice. It cannot be "Sell Wednesday", however, as I have already patented that. "Buy Monday" is covered, too.

It's quite possible you overlooked this in all my many postings, seeing as how you are looking where you ain't s'posed to:

http://www.streetstories.com/sk_art_futures.html

I'm not kidding.

:)

#21     May 26, 2004
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Actually, brother-in-law.

I thought you'd want to know. :)

#22     May 26, 2004
  3. ...thank you, your gentle remonstrances are always appreciated. But if you want me to love you like I love Jack, ya gotta feed me some bullshit! Thanks to Jack, I made more than the 1 ES point he allows to system domschitz (well, truth to tell, I made 2 NQ points, but that's good for me!).

#23     May 26, 2004
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

AGM = Attention Getting Mechanisms

#24     May 26, 2004
  5. ...we all pick noms de plumes which suit us. Yours sounds like a contraction of "nasty orgasm", but no matter. If it took you TWO MINUTES to read my sycophantic encomium to Jack, you are SLOOOOOW. But they say intelligence is not necessary to be a good trader. Lucky for you.

But the point is, did you think it was predictive that the slopes of the up channels gradually lessened at the time they did? I don't know Jack shit personally, it just spooked me at the time, especially since the slopes of the down channels remained constant. This is a serious thread, you know. See, it's in the TA forum (that's not tits and ass, moron). Otherwise the moderator would have moved it to chit chat. (A tip to other snots like me, post a CHART and all is forgiven! Most people are so stupid they can't even capture the chart, much less figure out how to shrink the file size below ET's low rent maximum size.).

I haven't read your posts yet (oooh! all twelve!) but I'll bet it will take me less than 2 mintes for the lot. Ya got something to say about the sincere question I posed? Or are you just another alias of a pseudonym of a cognomen of a nom de plume of a sobriquet of some asshole who's too chickenshit to post under his real name, like I do?

#25     May 26, 2004
  6. Hypostomus

I can only say I've looked through enough charts and read enough books to know I'd rather set the bull**** to one side.

Sheldon Knight's methods are public information, if you need to find a dependable base for further work. DB has spent some long hours bringing his knowledge of the market to people, without the bull****, for years.

I don't know of any right-thinking person who craves obfuscation and abuse; that, in my opinion, is what a person signs on for when they let Jack Hershey *mentor* them.

I made my decision concerning Jack a while ago, I'm sure glad I felt strong enough to know I can make it without him.

Hypostomus, I do wish you luck with your trading adventure. I enjoy your humor, you have it down to a science, but I feel strongly that it is just as inappropriate of you to to make backhanded fun of Jack as it is for Jack to obfuscate issues and verbally abuse people with whom he is at odds.

Well, I hope to see you around and I mean that.

:)

#26     May 26, 2004
  7. ...thanks for explaining the acronym. You are a sweetheart. But sorry, can't cut you any slack for that. You being part of the Jack mafia, do you have a rational comment to make on my initial post? I am trying to be serious here, but I'm not getting much help from this cynical ET crowd.

P.S.:, re "AGM's", have I ever posted the name of my consort? of her CAT? bragged about my books (I too am a published author, and I wasn't just an EDITOR or a ghost writer, and I'm STILL in the ISBN), told you about my hobbies, described my landscaping, bitched about my ailments, bragged about how expensive my car is (I drive a Hyundai!), teased you with untraceable Google references to my glorious self, told you all my nicknames for the last 50 years, named all the great men I happened to be in the same room with once, and shamed you with what a generous philanthropist I am? Rhetorical questions all, as you realize. Now what exactly is an AGM? And how do you distinguish black humor from raving egomania?

#27     May 26, 2004
  8. ...thanks again, but I have a somewhat different view of Jack than you do, despite my dog-bites-man approach to him. In my view, his posting oeuvre is heuristic. While I am of the opinion that some of his stuff is flat wrong (I get the sense of a work in progress, which is OK, at my age I am a WIP, too), nonetheless some of his oblique obtuse arcane recondite abstruse obfuscations have led me to trains of thought which have adduced useful trading approaches. Why else would a sane man watch the NQ premium on a 2 second chart?

#28     May 26, 2004
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

no but it kind of remind me of Jack's pinwheel

look indistinguishable to me.

#29     May 26, 2004
  10. Well, I'll just let that rest, it is better off settled by you and Jack, I reckon.

I sometimes watch the $TICK on a 2-tick chart...though I don't usually, prefering 1 minute charts of it instead.

I have watched $ND: PREM and have discovered...not much.

I'm certain you can do better than 2 points tomorrow by using a 20 period simple moving average on a 1 minute chart of the NQ. Simply buy above the line if the trend is rising and sell below the line if the trend is falling.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=470651

#30     May 26, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.