Hey Jacker Slackers

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by hypostomus, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How did I know before looking at this thread it was "authored" by you?

May I suggest you take the rest of the day off? I think you are looking at charts a little too much. Best regards.

#11     May 26, 2004
  2. ...if I did not exist, ET would have to invent me. I provide a public service to wake Jack up when the content of his posts starts to ramble and get too personal.

In point of fack, jack, I was merrily jacking along today when I noticed that the up channels were rotating clockwise. I thought to myself that surely this had some cosmack significance, especially since the down channels at that same time were all parallel. Like, maybe, the updrafts (to use a gliding term) are losing steam? This is all so much easier to see on my charts because I do MY channels in surreal time, not after the fack, which is why they have the infinite extension. Henceforth, in honor of Hypostomus' momentous discovery, they shall be call-ed Searchlight Charts.

I merely seek to be the humble student of those annointed by the master. But of late, though the master giveth with the open hand, the disciples keepeth all of their bread for themselves.

Hyposthumously yours.

#12     May 26, 2004
  3. Hypostomus

Unless you are in the habit of looking at your monitors standing on your head, all up channels move in a clockwise rotation! Are you talking smack or using it, is my question?

Perhaps you should consult our Edwards and Magee for proper nomenclature of the Pattern you suggest...you'll get no thanks from me for naming them Searchlight Charts.

BTW nature abhors a straight line.

#13     May 26, 2004
  4. Hypostomus

My apologies if I have offended you. It is hard to tell if your are of a sensitive nature and, thereby, easily put off.

By way of penitence I offer an example of what I think the Pattern you first posted resembles.

http://www.autochartist.com/patternhtml/Rising Wedge Downtrend.htm

Best wishes for your continued success with your education.

#14     May 26, 2004
  5. Any time a person is charting on several fractal levels, they notice that the channels within the longer channels are "traversing" the longer channels.

Magically for you at this point you watch things happen in pristine ignorance.

Were you to have an integrated view of things you would notice that as extremes are reached (these are R and S), there are two noticable happenings.. Two be deals that, when observed, served as an aid for making money very efficiently. That is getting all there is to get.

One is market pace. The other is volatility. Their common independent variable (volume) leads the price and therefore the envelopes of price.

So far you have noticed the CW rotation for arriving at top of R. It is CCW for arriving at bottom of S all a consequnce of the past moving from right to left.

Pace tells you if there is any rotation at all (none). As you go to medium you see lateral left to right traverses then later in the trend you see the L to R's do make money on contertrend traverses. The trend slope (R to L traverses) are lessening as you have observed.

By the time you get to the slow pace and then CCC, you get to see the traverses you speak of (R to L) sawtooth along until they become lateral only. The pace is the lowest possible.

Later, you will notice another characteristic of the channels you see on a Long series have a volatility factor that affects the channel. The effect is causedby lessening volatility as the pace lessens and causes the rotation of the angles.

Today we were riding into the Top of R. this is chop to some. for those who use SCT it was a day to use the 4 point am H/L ratio to the hilt on ES. We actually hit a 7 point net gain well before we did yesterday. Then came double digits in points. then the range broadened as well.

CW into top of R and CCW into bottom of S is the rule. One or the other but not both, except when? Only when it is summertime and daily contract volume (in ES) is about 45,000 or so. That is just an additional comment to push your thinking out one more levle of sensitivity.

Don't use my name here anymore. You are an average person dong average things. Your AGM's are not really worth commentingabout so I do not.

Most people go through getting to be adults by stages.

At some point, the requirement goes beyond reguritating what you have been told or read or listened to.

That line in the sand is passed when you are required to "process a set of information into something that has new and richer content. You use reasoning to acheive this stuff.

Some people postpone this because they have a deeply engrained skill of "getting by on their good looks".

Which side of the line is vocabulary on?

After learning to process facts into new answers, what happens next. There are several plateau it turns out.

The heirarchy of money going to power going to information, puts information is a high place.

What makes infomation valuable? It's utility does.

What do you think would happen to ET if the infomation available here had high utility?

Imagine what would happen if you knew what you were talking about? Maybe you would drop the AGM's and contribute here.

It may be time to consider making some money and stop trying to get by on your good looks.

#15     May 26, 2004
  6. i am through getting to be adults, where has it got me by

#16     May 26, 2004
  7. ...are you trying to out-Hypostomus Hypostomus? Is that in fact in Edwards and Magee? I could not get past Schabacker, who was Edwards' father-in-law. Apparently it was not a very happy marriage, as Schabacker did not get much credit, considering how egregiously he was plagiarized. Please give me a page reference and the referent edition. I will go buy it. I will also be your backtesting bitch and backtest the stupid idea of your choice. It cannot be "Sell Wednesday", however, as I have already patented that. "Buy Monday" is covered, too. If you are attempting to deceive me, however, it will not go well for you. I will sic all my sick aliases on your every post. You will be so traumatized that you will not post again for months.

#17     May 26, 2004
  8. ...thanks very much for your detailed reply. As with most of your posts, it will take me quite a while to understand them, much less put them into action, so I will not comment in detail.

I do so relate to the state of pristine ignorance, which persists in spite of months of attempting to understand your method. But I do not despair. My notebook groweth daily, and every night I wear myself out trying to bring my thought processes closer to yours. I notice that you did not disagree with my channel constructions, or you would have said something nastily constructive, so I must be making progress.

Please note that only I glorify your methods, while your witless sycophants merely regurgitate what father bird has placed in their gaping gullets. Every Christ needs his Judas, else how could he be immortalized? And BTW, make fun of me if you will, but NOWHERE in your magnum opus is there a detailed explication of what I asked and what you answered. So I have done my job. I know, because I am an expert on your postings.

Indeed I am average, and I revel in it. If I were not average, how would we know that you are great? With respect to thy name, it is not thine really, any more than mine is Hypostomus Plecostomus, so I shall continue to use it.

And if you would be so kind, I believe I know most of your acronyms, but AGM I do not. Pray what is it? As for looks, I am ugly as a horse's ass, but no doubt prettier than you.

Again thanks very much for your reply. There are many elements to your estimable method which I do not yet fathom, and which I hope to understand through cheery dialogues like this. But remember, if I as your faithful student am a failure, what does that say about your ability to teach?

In all seriousness, you may consider me to be a fool, but your postings have had a profound impact upon my perception of market action and upon my trading.

Best regards, and please keep posting. But I hope nobody gets it but me, as otherwise your methods would surely be overtraded into inutility. A sea of fools must remain ignorant to tithe on their weath to you and yours, or your lofty social goals cannot be achieved by the few.

#18     May 26, 2004
  9. nasdorq

nasdorq

I'm billing you for my 2 minutes you just wasted

#19     May 26, 2004
  10. #20     May 26, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.