Hey Islam, the stoneage called and want their justice system back

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by gunslinger, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Are you shocked or even surprised anymore by the actions of these people?

The OP about the woman being lashed and imprisoned after being gang raped, the teddy bear teacher, and this article you have posted , is a very ,very small percentage of the crazy shit these MFers do in the name of allah, fucking psychos!

#11     Dec 7, 2007
  2. loik

loik

Because they can leave if they want!

#12     Dec 7, 2007
  3. No question - business trumps democracy.

#13     Dec 7, 2007
  4. You don't really believe that do you?

#14     Dec 7, 2007
  5. loik

loik

#15     Dec 7, 2007
  6. I wonder about that too!! I mean why would a woman agree to live in a country that enforces a religion identical in its ugliness to your Jewish religion gunzo???

And as a woman is a chattel, and perhaps a dangerous one, rape is conceived in Jewish Halachic law as damage to chattel. A husband is entitled to force sexual relations on his wife; this does not constitute rape. And a woman who was raped and refrained from shouting, even if this was for fear of her life, “is prohibited [from intercourse with] her husband and her rapist”. In other words, she is punished for being raped by being divorced.

A man who has raped an unbetrothed young woman can choose to marry her. He can also choose to make a payment in lieu of that – to her father, of course. A man who has purchased a woman can decide not to release her, not to grant her a divorce, and Jewish – and Israeli! – law will accept that. People generally imagine that such laws exist only in Pakistan. But no – these laws are alive and well in Israel.

http://ygurvitz.wordpress.com/category/jewish-law-halacha/

#16     Dec 7, 2007
  7. Friday March 6, 1998

Forced divorce for rape victim spurs women's anger

MICHAL YUDELMAN
    Jerusalem Post Service

According to the Yediot Achronot newspaper, the woman was assaulted by three foreign workers, gagged and dragged to an empty courtyard where she was gang-raped.

She reportedly told her husband what had happened. As is customary among the charedi, or fervently religious, the couple refrained from reporting the crime to police.

According to Jewish law, if a woman is raped, tells her husband and the husband utters disbelief, the couple can stay married. If he fails to do so, however, they must divorce, as the woman would be deemed disloyal.

Instead of telling his wife, "I don't believe you," the victim's husband telephoned various religious functionaries to consult them, little realizing that in so doing he was in fact admitting that he believed his wife's story.

Consequently, a number of rabbis and halachic authorities informed the husband a few days later that he must divorce his wife immediately, despite the couple's love for each other and their desire to stay married and provide for their children.

The rabbis refused to compromise despite the husband's protests, especially since the husband is a Cohen, or a member of the ancient Jewish priesthood, which they said calls for even stricter interpretations of the law.

Friedman's organization has sought to petition in the couple's name to the High Court of Justice against the forced divorce.

"It's a blatant case of violation of basic rights and human dignity and freedom," Friedman said.

She noted that since the couple is fervently religious it is not certain that they would seek help from outside their community, in the event of an emergency like rape. In any case, she demanded that a humanitarian solution be found to enable the family to stay together.

The Israel Women's Network also reacted with shock and fury.

"It's high time to take marriage and divorce procedures out of rabbinical hands and introduce civil marriage," attorney Rivka Meller-Olshitzky said. "We are, after all, in the 21st century. The temple and priests have disappeared thousands of years ago. Yet still they're forcing this old halachic ruling on the year 2000.

"They're always full of high-blown platitudes of how humane Jewish law is and how respectful of women, yet what they are doing here is the most inhumane thing possible."

Meller-Olshitzky stressed that the ruling was not "a divine decree, as the rabbis are making out, but merely one possible interpretation."

Former Religious Affairs Minister Uzi Baram of the Labor party said this incident could contribute to widening a rift between religious and secular communities.

The incident, Baram said, "deals a blow to those secular people who believe it is possible to bridge contradictions with the rabbinical world."

http://www.jewishsf.com/content/2-0.../edition_id/155/format/html/displaystory.html

#17     Dec 7, 2007
  8. HeY wael the Enquirer called and wants its news sources back.

FWIW, I dont blame you or toronto trader for fleeing your homelands in lieu of a civilized society.

I personally wouldnt want to live in a country which is governed by a barbaric religion that whips and imprisons gang rape victims. Go Canada

#18     Dec 7, 2007
    #19     Dec 7, 2007
  10. You really dont think that any of the ET posters actually believe that any of your "sources" isnt just some arab with no affiliation with Israel, using "israeli" or "jewish" in their publications or websites, do ya?

I don't live in Israel because I am 4th generation american, therefore I live in my native country.

You don't live in your native country because you or your family have realized that they are one step above of wild tribal head hunters, okay maybe just a baby step.

#20     Dec 7, 2007