hey i'm new here a couple questions

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by king1033, Feb 27, 2009.

1. king1033

king1033

hey hows it going everyone!
    im 18 years old and wanted to get started at building a solid future for myself. outside of school and work I have put some money to the side (roughly 15k) and would like to make that grow. I currently support my family lost my father some years ago so I have been working since the age of 16. 2 jobs plus going to school to help support my mother and pay the bills. now in college and not that much more free time on my hands i would like to invest, I always hear how that is the best thing to do. now given todays time I understand things are a little rough. hope Obama can fix up things (we shall see).
    ok so i have been told a couple things, invest in GOLD. put the money in high interest accounts (which i hear has some risk), the last thing sell drugs (which was the dumbest idea outta all of them). so I came across this forum to learn, why? BECAUSE its never too late. can anyone help point me in the right directions towards some success. hey if i could turn this 15k into 20k within a year i think thats a pretty darn good start.
    again ill be in my sponge stage for the next couple months absorbing all i can from all you smart individuals out there that i know i can pick up a thing or two from. any help much appreciated!
    thanks in advance guys.

2. auspiv

auspiv

hopefully you'll be in the sponge stage for a little longer than a few months, try 2 or 3 years.

3. Unless you are willing to quit one of your jobs and college I doubt you would be able to fit in the study needed in order to become profitable.

Going to college while trying to seriously study the markets is like an aspiring doctor in medical school having to take 16 credit hours worth of bullshit humanity classes on top of medical school.

If you are willing to do that than read How to trade in stocks by Jesse Livermore, never read another stock book again and look at thousands of charts in different time frames for a couple years.

4. agd108

agd108

I started a few months ago with a options newsletter, lost 3k, started a little condor options on my own, lost another few hundred, then decided i would never trade again, but i still got interested and went for some course, cancelled that, bought an autotrade service which is not up very much. bought gold options in November and sold in January for 70% profit, was pretty happy with that. Learning another system which i think is pretty amazing. I guess that is how everyone does it, win and lose according to how much we deserver. I would love to trade fulltime, but not sure how possible it is.