hey HFT scum, yeah, you. Watch this

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, May 26, 2010.

1. sprstpd

sprstpd

Just because you can't trade against these HFTs without bitching doesn't mean you have to take it out on others.

#31     May 26, 2010
  2. Agreed. Cramer is a fucking tool. Saying 'where was the HTF liquidity' when the market crashed. I think he is confusing HTF traders who add statistical liquidity to the market 99.9% of the time with some dipshit willing to take a bullet for his lame ass.

If HTF runners want to pull their systems from the market in high volatility, its their choice. They are not market makers who agree to always have a bid/ask posted. And even the market makers will widen out their spreads to 50 cents+ if the volatility gets too high. I wish people who make their living off the market understood the fundamentals a little better.

#32     May 26, 2010
  3. Aren't the exchanges that provide liquidity like NYSE and NASD at a disadvantage because they can't just turn themselves off when the market gets wild and volatile?

Why can't they just level the playing field and have a big OFF switch for those guys too?

#33     May 26, 2010
  4. dunno, walter sounding like someone deeply afraid his meal ticket aka 'racket' , aka 'scam', is in dire jeopardy.

#34     May 26, 2010
  5. Really. I was thinking the same thing about you ;)

#35     May 26, 2010
  6. ammo

ammo

i clearly made the assumption that they had running totals on longs and shorts in the market ,outstanding shares,larger orders trying to liquidate,they have all that inside info,...for some reason you didnt' mention it and tossed out some broken record of providing liquidity,, may 6 was probably a liquidation order that came up,you saw it got short and turned off your machines..

#36     May 26, 2010
  7. Sen. Ted Kaufman was born on March 15, 1939, in Philadelphia, PA, to Helen Carroll and Manuel Kaufman. He graduated from Duke University with a BS in mechanical engineering. He later earned an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.

So he's an engineer with a biz degree. Not so easy to bs with lots of talk about providing 'liquidity'.

You shysters will have to come up with a better reason to exist than that.

#37     May 26, 2010
  8. Im on the same page with you if there was any type of front running or insider trading. I think that should be illegal and the markets should be fair for all participants. Just know that HFT /= Insider trading.

#38     May 26, 2010
  9. Lets hear your reason why YOU should be allowed access to the markets ;)

#39     May 26, 2010
  10. Cheese

Cheese

Exactly.

#40     May 26, 2010