hey HFT scum, yeah, you. Watch this

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, May 26, 2010.

1. Are you an anarchist?

My foot in your behind, there's a law against that right? Ask the Doctor.
    [​IMG]

There are laws against all kinds of thievery , HFT is just the next in line.

Get used to it botnerd.

#11     May 26, 2010
  2. Oh I see, the oil companies do a great environmental job when the government lets the free markets 'do their thing'.

The same with the banks.

Ditto for credit card scammers.

On & on & on to just about every industry.

No, we don't need regulation.

Let them stuff your food with shit & other chemicals & let's see if you'd still be saying the same thing!

Police? Who needs them. Give a gun to every citizen & there'l be peace on earth. No more criminals.

#12     May 26, 2010
  3. Mind explaining why HFT is 'thievery'? Because it can react faster than you? No laws against using new technology to make faster / more efficient transactions and services. Eg. Email vs Air Mail vs Horse Mail. Things change. Get used to it.

#13     May 26, 2010
  4. S2007S

S2007S

All those who are for HFT are upset that the truth is finally coming out about how unfair the game on wallstreet is played.

#14     May 26, 2010
  5. #1, co location should be illegal. period.

#2 sitting on the bid AND offer and canceling 5000 times a minute should be illegal. period.

Punks, SOES traders also claimed they were doing the market a favor. They are extinct.

Soon you will be too if there is any justice.

#15     May 26, 2010
  6. Funny. Floor traders said the same thing about you ankle biting desk traders ;) Computer assisted trading made the markets too fast for them to keep up and they whined to high heaven about the death of the pits.

#16     May 26, 2010
  7. Did you say computer assisted frontrunning?

#17     May 26, 2010
  8. Not sure I understand this. Do you mean colocation at the exchanges, or colocation in the sense that someone like Lime provides? How close is too close?

#18     May 26, 2010
  9. hajimow

hajimow

I predict HFT will lose its edge very soon without being regulated or banned.

#19     May 26, 2010
  10. #1) Define 'co location'. say you live in cali, your exchange is in nyc. where is too close for you? keep it out of the same building? keep it out of nyc? keep it out of ny state? you can not solve the problem that some people will have lower latency to the exchange than others. imagine if people overseas complained about YOUR latency because you trade on 50-100ms. they trade on 200-300ms ;)

#2) Are you saying all HFT sit on bid and offer and cancel 5000 times a min? Hate to break it to you, most (99%+) dont. Exchanges crack down on people playing 'spread games' like that.

But from a ideological standpoint. Why not let them do it? If they place an order, they risk being filled. There is nothing 'illegal' about the idea that I could possible want to send an order to the exchange that only has a lifespan of 100ms. If you are complaining about not being able to see the true sizes under them. Filter the bid ask size to only include offers that stick around for a longer period of time.

#20     May 26, 2010