hey HFT scum, yeah, you. Watch this

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock777, May 26, 2010.

1. Cramer raises a valid point. I haven't watched the whole video yet, but he's right, there *are* more and more machines pingin' each other.

2. promagma

promagma

There are a few things that need to be fixed, but you always hope that the government doesn't go overboard.

3. Overboard? Our government?!

4. I hear the invention of this 'motorized carriage' thing will make it hard for stage coaches to make a living. We should really step in and put a stop to this nonsense to protect these jobs.

But seriously. Anyone who is 'against HFT' really doesn't understand what they are talking about.

5. The SEC fools ought to TAX the HFT leeches an amount so that they make up no more than say 30% of all trading. Say the way it was 3-4 years ago. If that means taxing traders/investors 1/2 cent or 1 cent a share, so be it.
    I'm sure the government could use the money.

6. If these are the quality of replies we have on ET, just imagine what John & Jane Q. Public thinks about HFT. And we have so many threads wondering why government is getting into every single facet of our lives. BECAUSE WE ARE ASKING THEM TO, and they are happy to oblige. Every single fricking thing that inconveniences anyone - "there ought to be a law for that!"
    :mad:

7. Agreed. Though if we are so willing to form concrete opinions while being completely ignorant on the subject matter. It may be for the best that someone else looks after us.

8. wjennings, tell your story walking.

the last refuge of the guilty is to claim the accuser doesn't understand.

#10     May 26, 2010