hey guys quick question in regards to software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Darshan, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Darshan

Darshan

I've been using esignal for a while now and I have been happy with them and their customer service. However, there software is limited. All I am looking for is streaming software which will enable me to overlay 15-20 different stocks on the same chart. It would be ideal if I could chart the y-axis in terms of percentage instead of just price.

looking forward to hearing back from you guys. Feedback would be appreciated as I have not really had much experience with different software.

2. That's a fascinating idea. I'm curious how you could make any sense out of so many on the same chart?

Wayne

3. tomu

tomu

I haven't used Esignal in a while but I definitely know you can change the axis to be percentage move instead of price/dollar. I also do recall being able to put multiple stocks on one chart, but I think if you tried 15-20 stocks you would crash Esignal. You might want to make pairs formulas or ratios between the stocks and see if you can find a way to arrange the formulas to give you the info you are looking for. You can chart the pair ratios and formulas.

4. Piece of cake for Neoticker. You can use your esig data too.

5. Darshan

Darshan

I have esignal and spoke to one of their reps... he confirmed that they were unable to plot in terms of percentage.

Thanks for the reply!

6. Darshan

Darshan

Get a really big monitor:)

7. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Hi Darshan,

It's true that we currently only display price values along the y-axis but we do plan to add the ability to plot percentages in our next version (10.4) due out in early March and you will still be able to overlay up to 5 symbols. You could also look into using the lower price pane to display an EFS with up to 8 symbols and use percentage as the scale. I'd suggest posting to the EFS area of our Forums for help with coding.

Thanks.

8. tomu

tomu