Hey everyone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by StockKid93, Oct 23, 2007.

1. I didn't ask you what you think.

Mod, you want to delete this thread?

P.S.-Thanks for the welcome everybody

#31     Oct 24, 2007
  2. hcour

hcour Guest

Oh, goody! This has the early makings of an ET classic!

Is he a kid? Is he a troll? The debate rages on...

10, 9, 8, 7, 6... (Counting down to chit-chat!)

H

#32     Oct 24, 2007
  3. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

buy china, and india. Wait for a pull back and get into everything energy.. and walk away for 7 years.

You wont be sorry.

#33     Oct 24, 2007
  4. to be continued... :D

#34     Oct 24, 2007
  5. I'm in total agreement...

I say troll... Ho-Hum! I am the guardian of this bridge! Halt! Do not cross! Look at my pretty pink hair! GRRRRR!

hahahaha 4:1 it's in Chit Chat before page 10 :D

I freakin love ET! Long live pie throwing!!!

#35     Oct 24, 2007
  6. You obviously do not get it and that's your problem.

ET has two particular sections that should be off limits to kids and young teenagers.

These areas can't be missed and many of the problematic posters carry their crap from there into the trading discussion area.

Of course you probably don't see it right. :confused:

Once again, anybody that announces their age is 14 should be required to get a consent form from their parents that states the forum has been reviewed and approved.

Lets put it this way, the next time your kids walk out the door and say their going over someone's house (an adult)...

If you don't know anything about the person your kids plan to spend a lot of time with nor ask questions...

That in my opinion totally out of line, destructive, and inappropriate.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with knowing what your young kids are doing on the internet.

By the way, I have kids and I wouldn't let them hang out at ET without monitoring until they were 18 years old.

Far too much problematic discussions occuring/allowed at ET.

Reminder, in case you forget again, the issue is not the trading related discussions.

Last of all, I started in the markets younger than the thread starter here and I had guidance from my stepfather.

If I wanted to have a conversation with one of his floor buddies or pals over at the FED about the markets over the telephone...

He was always present in the same room with me while doing his market research.

Young kids should not be disclosing their age at EliteTrader.com nor posting messages without some sort'uv supervision.

Mark

#36     Oct 24, 2007
  7. Mark, I guess you're saying to yourself "Wow 14, that's young." But I'm not like other 14 year olds. I'm a 14 year old on the outside but a 20 year old on the inside. I've seen and heard things that I did not want to hear. I've used almost every swear word there is to use sometime in my life, but the thing that you can't understand over the internet is that I am responsible. I've always been the kid that gets compliments from parents about how mature and nice I am. I think that seeing some words on a message board is not a terrible thing at age 14. My parents have trusted me over the last few years by testing how responsible I am. I asked my mom if I could have 10 people over, she said yes, if you keep everything under control, after that night, everything was fine, and her trust for me went up because I proved to her that I am responsible. I have been on the train many times. I watch every stop closely and can recite just about every stop in order by memory. I wanted to meet my brother in the city for a concert. She said that she would let me take the train by myself and meet him in the train station. She trusted me because I am a good kid and no one would try to rough with me anyway, which made her feel even better about letting me go (I'm 6 feet tall) I went on the train, called her every time she told me to, and her trust for me went up even more. Mark, I think that you should not lock your kids up like that. Now I'm no parent, but I can say from experience that if you test your kids with responsibility (not necessarily going on a train by themselves) but let them have more freedom, they will become more responsible at a younger age and more mature, which is what my mom did for me. Punish them based on how they handle their situation, whether they "pass" or "fail" your responsibility test. I still have not messed up, and her trust for me is still very high. From what I've seen, the kids who are protected at an early age are the ones who start drinking, smoking, and doing drugs early. Because I was trained to be mature and responsible at a young age, I know right from wrong. I do not drink, smoke or do drugs, unlike a lot of my peers. I can't tell you how to parent your kids, but what you're doing now isn't necessarily the way to go. Give them a little bit of freedom.

#37     Oct 24, 2007
  8. In addition to that, this is my view and your view:

Your view: Kids should have to be 18 or older to post, or need parental consent to post.

My view: Kids should be able to post at any age, and ET should get rid of or warn the people who swear.

You're telling me that it is inappropriate for a child to be on here because people swear, but if people didn't swear in the first place, there would be nothing wrong with a child posting here because there wouldn't be any swear words to see.

So you're saying get rid of the kids more or less, and I'm saying get rid of the people who verbally abuse other members with swear words. Which one sounds more reasonable, getting rid of the innocent ones, or getting rid of the nasty ones?

#38     Oct 24, 2007
  9. You're wasting your breath (typing?) StockKid.

#39     Oct 24, 2007
  10. :p this thread was hilarious.. of to chit chat though..

FWIW I don't buy your 14.

#40     Oct 24, 2007