Hey Baron, this site is like NEW....

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sponger, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Since you seem to have all the answers since you list them then why don't you go and start your very own trading site and moderate it if it is so easy instead of whining here like a little 9 year old girl..

Start your own and compete with Baron if you can't stand it any longer! Your whining like a little child just adds to the negative parts of this website so put up your own trading site or shut up.

#11     Mar 13, 2007
  2. Handsome - was this post not put in the feedback forum? What exactly is the feedback forum for if you are not supposed to give feedback? Just curious what this forum area is for b/c apparently some of us don't understand.

Thanks!

#12     Mar 14, 2007
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Perhaps your expectations of the general public, and particularly the trading public, are too high. I don't see anything different going on here, language or otherwise, that is any different than any trading floor in the country. If you get a large group of cocky, opinionated male traders together, you'll quickly find out that things are going to be rowdy on a regular basis.

The fact of the matter is that we do moderate threads every single day and we do ban members daily as well. In fact, I can't think of one single day in 10 years where someone wasn't banned or a post or thread wasn't moderated in some way.

#13     Mar 14, 2007
  4. Hi Baron,

I think Sponger may have been trying to state the following but just worded it differently.

I myself have been a member for many years have experience the following changes at ET:

* I have more traders on ignore in comparison to the past years.

* I'm using the complaint button more often in comparison to past years.

* I avoid more threads after seeing particular ET members get involved in those threads in comparison to past years.

* I see more traders that have been banned return to ET via another alias and publicly announce it as such...continue their disruptive ways for many weeks before they get banned again.

* I've seen more personal attacks and unprofessional behavior towards sponsors than I have seen in past years.

* I see less quality of message posts in comparison to recent years that relates to actual trading.

I see more quality message posts about the business of trading.

Thus, depending upon what someone is looking for or interested in...

They could either see ET improving or getting worst.

* I see more activity by moderators themselves posting in threads like any other ET member...posting in threads that are full of personal attacks, mudslinging et cetera.

It's almost as if some moderators can only police one section while they cannot do anything in other sections (I think one moderator told me this is the case).

(Note: These threads eventually do get edited or just become inactive on its own...days later.)

Regardless, it just looks bad to see a moderator participating in a bad thread that goes unedited nor gets no warnings about problematic posts assuming the moderator read the posts before he posted and read the posts after he posted.

* When I see a few moderators tell members to put particular disruptive members on ignore instead of getting baited into another argument by that member...

That tells me the moderator knows there's a problem but the disruptive member is allowed to continue being disruptive.

Why not get rid of the disruptive member instead of advising members to use the ignore button???

As I said, my ignore list has been growing.

* I see more quality members leave ET much faster than the past years.

Last year I had a list of 15 quality active members.

Currently that list is down to 4 quality active members.

(I won't bother to disclose what I consider to be a quality member).

* I see more traders following other traders around ET just waiting for them to post so they can attack every word like a stalker.

For example, I see more new members with 10 - 40 posts and almost every one of those posts are directed angrily at any particular member.

It's obviously, everybody talks about it and I know for fact some moderators know about it.

------------------

Simply, moderators do moderate, disruptive members do get banned...

The process to manage it all seems to have become more difficult.

However, don't misunderstand, I know for fact that you are very quick to get involved when something is brought to your attention via pm or email.

I also see less spamming and spammers are quickly removed in comparison to past years.

Mark

#14     Mar 14, 2007
  5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I wouldn't disagree with anything you've said. I would only say that the number of problematic users will obviously increase as the number of registered members increases.

#15     Mar 14, 2007
  6. This could also be a situation where I've myself have beome more in tuned with what I'm interested in reading.

Thus, threads I'm not interested in reading may not have any problems (fewer problems) and there could be more threads like this in comparison to threads I'm interested in.

Simply, I could be playing 1/2 court basketball while not paying attention to who's playing on the other 1/2 court.

For example...

I rarely read the Stocks forum, Wall St. News forum, Economics forum, Automated Trading forum, Strategy Trading forum, Prop Firms forum, Strategy Runner forum, Forex Brokers forum, FX AutoTrading forum, and Options forum.

Mark

#16     Mar 14, 2007
  7. Well I know in the trading forum at least I try to keep a tight rope. We all try to read all the content, but similar to what Baron stated about the number of users increasing, so does the amount of content.

Just as any community increases, we have to effectively allocate our enforcement resources and time.
    This is where the quality of the community comes into play. There is a complaint button next to every Post, and our PMs are on and who to contact at the top of each forum. Just like my neighborhood, we rely on the retired senior citizens to call in anything remotely suspicious to the guard house.

So my advice is, rather than complain be proactive. ET is a great place, always was always will be so long as the citizens of the community don't let the degenerates overrun with unaccountability.

My modus operandi here is "bring it to my attention, I'll make someone accountable"

Just as in life, its what you do that defines you. So help ET be the place you already have in your mind it should be.

#17     Mar 14, 2007
  8. Sponger

Sponger

Handsome.....case in point:p

#18     Mar 14, 2007
  9. <i>"The fact of the matter is that we do moderate threads every single day and we do ban members daily as well. In fact, I can't think of one single day in 10 years where someone wasn't banned or a post or thread wasn't moderated in some way"</i>

Charge $10 per month for users who post... lurkers remain free. One alias per credit card #

You will see moderating tasks plummet. You will see a much higher retention of quality members. Your enrollment #s currently go up consistently, but your logged-in viewers remains dead in the water. Why is that?

Quality people don't stay for a juvenile free-for-all. They come for education, as advertised. They see an insane asylum run amok. Is this meant to be a pit floor filled with goons, or a professional website community of traders?

If you retained 10% of all who pass thru as posters, that'd be roughly 7,000 members or $70,000 per month. Half that wouldn't be terrible, and still charge ad $$ to boot.

May have more eyeballs and clicks right now, but how many are worthy of client-ad dollars when 271 aliases are the same person?

No personal offense meant, fadentrade28 (grin)

#19     Mar 14, 2007
  10. Thanks for the kind words Mister, you obviously have a keen eye for talent.

A humble and blushing Rennick out:cool:

#20     Mar 14, 2007