Hey Baron, this site is like NEW....

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sponger, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Sponger

Sponger

Going down in flames faster than that stock!

This site used to be a place for traders to share ideas, talk shop, and actually have intelligent debate and discussion with opposing viewpoints and analysis. It is amazing how fast that has deteriorated into a bunch of high schoolers in the locker room.

Every time a good thread gets started, it degenerates into a squabble among children - namecalling, insulting, profanity, and much worse. Many of the members that I respected are either gone, or don't post anywhere - they just don't want to deal with the abuse and foolishness that this site has become. Some of the good ones that are left are confined to the Journals - because they don't want to put up with the garbage going on everywhere else on this site. The rest of us, we put up with a LOT of garbage in the hopes of talking to others through the other Journals.

Too bad, you had a good thing going here. Some advice:

1) Confine Jack Hershey to his own Forum - "All Things Jack Hershey" - and don't let him post anywhere outside of JackHersheyLand to contaminate a single thread on ET.

2) Actually moderate these threads - stop when they vear off.

3) Start banning members who just abuse others.

Hope you take this seriously.

2. S---T--F---U-!!!!

Rennick out:D :D

ps. this jackass needs a hard slap to the back of the head... then we strip him down, tie him to a tree and fire hot boiled potatoes at him using a tennis ball machine

3. Sponger

Sponger

Ok, I laughed out loud at that response :p

4. <i>"Every time a good thread gets started, it degenerates into a squabble among children - namecalling, insulting, profanity, and much worse. Many of the members that I respected are either gone, or don't post anywhere - they just don't want to deal with the abuse and foolishness that this site has become..."</i>

Not sure where I fit into that grand scheme of things, but truth is I've had enough myself. ET has been a place for me to occupy time in between trade signals. Some people play video games, I've heard. My preference was reading up on various market tidbits inside threads of interest.

That type of content is very thin, while the locker room trashing and multiple personalities run rampant. At the end of today, I asked myself if time spent in here is a positive or negative experience.

Pondered that for a little while, then decided to join Rennick on his self-imposed island of exile.

Move over Bill... I'm bringing some cold beers for us. Don't you dare give me the downwind side of that campfire, either!

Out II

5. Sponger

Sponger

Well there's my proof....

Two guys I was learning something from - out the door!

I'm going to stick to the ES Journal only - it seems like that's where everyone has migrated to anyways.

Every once in a while a good discussion takes place elsewhere, but its few and far between, or it gets ruined. I've never seen so much ill-will towards people who are trying to share information with each other. It stopped during the 02/27-03/09 period for a little bit, but its back again.

Its a shame - lots of good traders were willing to help others - just got turned off by the foolishness. Either that, or a whole lot of ETers got washed out in the recent volatility - leaving mostly kids and posers?

Wish you guys wouldn't exhile yourselves - maybe you could start a new Journal - "The Real Traders of ET" :cool:

6. Sponger

Sponger

Forgot to mention "Trader P/L 2007" - actually, any of the threads in the Journal section beats the rest of ET hands down :p

7. Hey!

The Options thread isn't too shabby either!

Good trading to all. :cool:

8. Probably because they have blown out their trading accounts and have gotten themselves a real job. Two years is about the average amount of time on trading forums like ET.

9. Sponger

Sponger

Proof again - Wayne and Brown saying the same thing!

Rennick, AustinP, Wayne, and Brown, you have all helped me in one way or another through ET - a sincere thank you to you all!

#10     Mar 13, 2007