Hey all you price predictors: when is a pullback gonna come?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, Jan 19, 2012.

?

1. Before the end of next week

19 vote(s)
    25.7%
  2. between 1-2 weeks from now

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. between 2-3 weeks from now

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. between 3-4 weeks from now

3 vote(s)
    4.1%
  5. between 4-5 weeks from now

4 vote(s)
    5.4%
  6. NEVER!!! GO LONG CALL OPTIONS WITH FULL MARGIN!!!

39 vote(s)
    52.7%
  1. All you guys who voted "before the end of next week," do you still think there's going to be a 5% drop before the close tomorrow?

#41     Jan 26, 2012
  2. think it will end real bad... Bubble Ben can only keep rates down like this till creditors get fed up.

#42     Jan 26, 2012
  3. Volume precedes price. And volume is slowing down. Its a traders market coming. A tight range in the market means a trader can benefit here. :cool:

#43     Jan 26, 2012
  4. Volume is slowing down relative to what? The last few months? Or the last time there was a slow but steady rally (Aug 2010-Feb 2011)?

I never understood people's volume analyses. With the exception of big down days usually having big volume spikes, it just appears to be a random distribution. Sometimes it's high, sometimes it's low, sometimes it's in between. Price doesn't appear to be affected by anything it does.

I guess I see on this chart how volume could be "slowing down" over the last few weeks compared to October and November.

Volume "slowed down" at the end of December 2010 and price didn't stop rallying for another 2.5 months.

[​IMG]

#44     Jan 26, 2012
  5. http://www.freestockcharts.com/?gclid=CNn9kZ2t7q0CFUfd4AodIjEM6A

This moving chart of the past 10 years will scare you. Look closer and lets see if you see the declining trend. I know some may say why go back 10 years but if you expand the graph you see a declining trend.

The old timers are right because they recognize the trends that saw before.

#45     Jan 26, 2012
  6. rip your short face off.

higher highs and higher lows.

we can keep shoving this up on 1 lot orders, until retail starts to load up on calls.

then it can puke.

s

#46     Jan 26, 2012
  7. Mvector

Mvector

Good action today - hitting covers and holding trade through tomorrow - so far so good.

#47     Jan 26, 2012
  8. 1344.00

the first target......

price can go much higher and lower than you can ever imagine.

s

#48     Jan 26, 2012
  9. ammo

ammo

steidlemaier used a sweater store analogy ,u get a box of sweaters and put them on sale at $30,you sell the whole shipment of 50 sweaters,next day $40,you sell 40,eventually $70 u sell 3,price too high demand drops,so you lower price

#49     Jan 26, 2012
  10. Nice in theory, doesn't work in practice in the markets.
    Notice those big volume spikes at the end of downmoves though. That's something to look for.

#50     Jan 26, 2012