hex monitor stand that curves

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bandit77, Dec 23, 2006.

1. http://www.atdec.com/fs_hex.html

atdec's hex stand seems the best value, but it doesn't curve and wrap the monitor around the user to better see the side LCD panels. other hex stands that curve don't seem to be able to hold the weight of 20" monitors. anyone know of a hex monitor stand that curves at the sides and can hold the weight of 20" monitors? TIA

2. dinoman

dinoman

Why start a new thread?

3. ken__0

ken__0

4. Fantastic! Thank you so much.

5. The monitor stand has a sleekness to it. The swivel actuation is a nice touch.

Akuma

6. atdec's hex stand? can you curve the side panels in to look like this \_/ but not as steep?

Thanks

7. nasdorq

nasdorq

bandit I'm looking for the exact same thing, 6 monitors with more curve on the outer screens, and ideally a stand. I'll keep searching, if you find anything please post and I'll do the same.

8. I've never understood why people pay so much for monitor stands.

I have two 17" LCD monitors. They sit next to each other on my desk. I've seen stands for two 17" LCD monitors that are like $400. That's more than I paid for my monitors themselves!! If you want 6 in 2 rows of 3, why not just put three on your desk side by side by side, and then build a little hutch thingie and put three more on top of that. It's not like LCD monitors weigh a lot and it wouldn't be able to support them.

Then again, if you're a good enough trader I guess spending $1060 on a stand for monitors wouldn't be such a bad deal :)

9. aesthetics and hobby. why have a 50" plasma TV when a 32" CRT will do the same job for a fraction of the cost? some people like it. I'm under no illusion that having a cool monitor setup will make me a better trader. except maybe I'll react a second or so faster due to not having to toggle windows. but that won't make a material difference P&L wise.

#10     Jan 14, 2007