Hesitating before a trade

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joe Ross, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Well, you know what Mr. Smartass? I don't give a fuck who wrote it first. All that matters to me is that the Ross Hook gave me a new lease on life as a trader.

BTW, I read Hurst. He wrote in some badly mangled codes. I had to literally rely on others to decipher what the dude was trying to get across. While he might have been the originator, it was through Ross that I came to understand the concept. In that regard, I owe Ross a huge debt. Thank you!

(And if you really are the one and only Joe Ross, please carry on. Don't pay attention to these clowns.)

#11     Oct 23, 2009
  2. It seems you do not know what intellectual property is, which is a reflection on your own level of intellect or lack thereof. An author could describe something better/etc, and yet make a contribution, but the attribution of ideas should not changed. Because it may not be moral and legal to do so.

As for Hurst (the hook is not there) the difficulty in understanding could be his writing, or your ability to understand. The latter is more probably in your case.

PS: you did not have to insult in your response. I can now understand why others were hitting you in other posts.

#12     Oct 24, 2009
  3. Not everyone. If you believe in your system and plans, are comfortable with your platform and indicators, and have done all you can to eliminate emotions from your trading desk... if you are still having problems pushing the button, you have emotions intruding into your professional space. Get rid of them. Sim trade until you do, then start back in with one contract, increasing by one per week as your comfort level grows. You should find size trading boring, if you want to be an expert with even larger size. If it doesn't come, cash out and do something else.

This is why students of gurus never execute perfectly, because its NOT THEIR SYSTEM, and they hesitate in doubt. Make your own systems, even if they are based on someone else's idea. It's got to be YOUR BABY or the seed of doubt will always haunt your fingers at the instant of order entry opportunity.

#13     Oct 24, 2009
  4. Look, you jackass. Here I was talking about how great the sex was the night before and you start fussing about catching some sexual disease. You're nothing but a damn party crasher!

#14     Oct 24, 2009
  5. Sal, stop quoting the jackass.

It has been nice with him on ignore.

#15     Oct 24, 2009
  6. NoDoji

NoDoji

Joe, great thread as always.

Jack, this one sent chills up my spine.

ET should have a value filter; this thread gets a 10 IMHO.

#16     Oct 24, 2009
  7. BS.

#17     Oct 24, 2009
  8. Trading is about your emotional condition , fear and greed are two important factors that determine outcome. When you scared
    it's hard to get in position , when have it , it's tough to get out.
    You want MORE>>>>MORE>>>>>and you don't want to sell.

#18     Oct 24, 2009
  9. j_cubed

j_cubed

It's already been said. Create a plan, paper trade it, tweak it, then stick to it.

Toss out the emotions, and stick to the plan.

#19     Oct 26, 2009
  10. Why would anyone hesitate in trading?

It sounds too simple but.......they are worried about what the market is going to do.

I trade best when I truly get to the point where I am not concerned what the market is going to do.

I spend all my energy on what I am going to do. What am I going to do if it goes up? What will I do if it goes down? What will it take for me to enter? What will it take for me to exit? What will i do if it goes sideways? What is my plan? What do I need to do?

Never worry about what the market is going to do. it is impossible to know. Billions are spent trying to predict it.

Rather worry about what you are going to do. It is the only thing you have any control over.:D

#20     Oct 31, 2009