He's Obama! He's Black! So, Shut Up!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Mav88

Mav88

It's not an attitude, it's an observational conclusion. It's so evident prima facie that I don't even consider it open for debate.

Only people so blinded by their politics can't see the obvious right in front of them.

Accusing you of drinking was a compliment compared to the alternative.

#31     Jun 23, 2010
  2. I never commented on what race he was,but according to the one drop rule and Obama's answer on his census questionnaire,he is black

#32     Jun 23, 2010
  3. Blotto

Blotto

+1

I'm glad some people get this.

#33     Jun 23, 2010
  4. if u even noticed hussein was black, that ipso facto makes you a racist.

there's no going back.

and if you're a racist, then you have to give all your worldly possessions to me, so I can distribute them to the victims of your hatred.

small tithe deducted of course.

don't compound the crime, send money NOW.

#34     Jun 23, 2010
  5. Yannis

Yannis

LOL! That's an ipso facto good one, send some money this way too :)

#35     Jun 24, 2010
  6. Mav88

Mav88

I have never met more race obsessed people than black people, most of the people left in this country that analyze a social situation based solely on skin color are black (many blacks openly admitted they voted based on skin color), yet they miss the point.

It's not about race anymore, it's about culture. You can also dispense with these stupid arguments like 'I knew a black guy...' because we are talking about aggregate norms here, not the top 20% anecdotes. To deny they have a different culture is to contradict what they themselves say. To say all cultures are equal and can fully coexist is contrary to reality.

Even black scholars are forced to comment on things like the inner city black culture's hostility to learning because it is perceived as 'white'. Even with afro-centric learning, whatever that is, they cannot close the gap. The overemphasis on sports and music, the kids having kids, etc. is hurting, but what is really killing them in my opinion is the race and victim industry promoted by the likes of Jesse Jackson and American liberals. It feeds their heads full of hate, it guarantees that no matter what there will always be a chip on their shoulder, but more important it's a ready made excuse.

No group in america has ever integrated by accentuating differences and amplifying hate.

#36     Jun 24, 2010
  7. Yannis

Yannis

There are significant fault lines within the Black American community too: Jamaican Americans and others from the Caribbean Islands don't want to be called "African Americans" and tend to be more successful and have a better socioeconomic outlook than "regular" Black Americans. Not surprisingly, African born recent immigrants follow those more success-oriented norms too and prefer calling themselves "Africans". That's interesting and a little scary, raises many concerns about the future of this country.

What would it take for African Americans to look at the numbers and see that, at least from a % perspective, abortion is a black baby genocide? Or that illegal immigration is taking away their own opportunities and hopes for socio-economic acvancement? Or that welfare and related systems act to trap them (minimum wage similar to welfare pay so why get a job) in poverty?

If that's the case, why do so many of them vote left/Obama as a block instead of splitting the group to play the field better?

#37     Jun 24, 2010
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Good point. There are also inner-city "whites" and "browns" ("reds" too, maybe) that act like "blacks".

#38     Jun 24, 2010
  9. Good education, which unfortunately tends to be denied to them.

#39     Jun 24, 2010
  10. Because Rand Paul and his party want to bring back the"no blacks allowed" signs

#40     Jun 24, 2010