Hershey's Equity thread

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by oddiduro, Aug 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #21     Aug 22, 2003
  2. I do not yet have access to IBD's ranking system. Is there a place to get this online?

Here is a list of the stocks I have filtered with 60 day volume highs.

CHIR
    EIX
    JCP
    LSI
    MON
    OVTI
    PFE

There were none with a 60 day volume low.
    All shares average over a million shares per day.

Now what should I do with these?

#22     Aug 22, 2003
  3. gms

gms

If you make a direct correlation between what you call 'information density' as it pertains to Jack's posts, its problem being comprehended, and the abilities of a wide varied group of people and the historical record of a range of school systems, then I can't believe in nor have credence in that kind of outlandish stretch as a premise, but that's me.

Speaking of inability to comprehend, I did not write that Jack was 'incomprehensible'. Please understand that what I am writing about is how I see one of the problems with Jack's posts that motivate others to flame. That is, I said he used 'cryptic phrasing', and that his written word did not accurately detail his thoughts and references, and it appears he agrees that this indeed may be a fault, albeit unintended.

Comprehension is not the fault. There is such a thing as writing clearly. Compared to cryptic phrasing, 'regular english' phrasing is desirable to be understood clearly. To make a reader work at understanding is to not effectively communicate ideas in writing. It is not about brains or intellect. Those that feel they need lord their supposed intellect over others... well, they obviously have a need. I don't think that's the case with Jack. He just needs a good Editor to work with him, if it were practical, which it's not. But some people, notably academics, favor a more convoluted wording because they believe it gives their writings an educated air. They would rather write "let me not preclude elucidation' instead of 'let me make this clear', and it makes them feel superior to do so. Another way some people with a need to feel superior do so is to belittle others' abilities to comprehend or their intelligence. This masks their inabilities, n'cest-ce pas?

#23     Aug 22, 2003
  4. bubba7

bubba7

I will use trend fader's set of posts on his swing trading. I have collected and organized all the tid bits from 123 pages.

The use I will put it to is to contrast what I do with what he does and why what he does puts him in the place he occupies.

You will see just how a person who was not profitable for years and who knows no intraday trader who is profitable and know no intraday trader who tried who did not give it up.

I want a ceiling type person as the person to contrast this stuff against and Trend fader volunteered along with inandlong.
    Powergirl will enjoy all of this immensely.

Let us begin. I use the compound interest formula.

Time is an exponent expressed in cycles. As an exponent it is the most powerful mathematical component of the formula.

Initially we, pragmatically look at how time can be entrained to work for us. We have two limits. In financial industry parlance: Buy and hold and scalping.

Between those limits is where I operate. Since time is the most powerful variable, we also need to protect ourselves time wise.

I have reviewed the ditribution of time over the spectrum of making money.

I have spaced the time durations by multiples. That is to say I keep the ratio of two adjacent durations in the same general ratio. The multiple is like 5 or something near that. I compromise because of conventions.

1 min
    5min
    30 min
    daily
    weekly
    monthly
    quarterly

With these available, we look at efficiency of both ourselves and the market.

By crudely assessing the range of price in each, the thing we use to make money, we can see the potentials.

What we are looking to measure is how fast the car goesOUR MONEY VELOCITY. I pick my 750il because I do not like being bothered by red necks in pick ups and teenagers in their AGMs.

The two keep points Trend fader makes in this venue are: 1. the longer time frame you use the more money you make. And 2. you measure success by how smooth you keep your equitiy curve (the curve of the capital you retain over time). He keeps the curve smooth by scaling out when he is profitable and he makes most of his money (page24R).."because I had a few huge winners" this is 25% (page 9R). the modal aspect of the trading he does is "small/scratch winners".. @ "40%" (page9R). A huge winner is 2.5+R. I take that to be somewaht ovr 2.5 and not as high as 2.6 since he inquired of me about 11.1 and not 11.2. small/scratch winners are ".5R" (page 9R)

The target we have is 50% of the potential and my records show 7 out of 8 winers are at 10% or better as the 1/2 we take of the trend run. That means that we are looking at all oppotunities s being 20% or better. The non winners are time stopped out and they are closed because of other opportunities rather than losses. There are some losers on news, however.

Now we can see the ball park quite well. By comparing the H/L on the fractals we see time and profits linked tightly. The market is more efficient for giving us money as the playing fractal gets faster.

We as players are not more efficient as the fractals get faster. there are two limitations: 1. jobs and 2. monitoring, decision making and actioning effectiveness.

There is a slightly lesser yield with this method if you just do it in the evening. It is statistically significant but not important at all.

I chose to compromise on all the efficiency considerations and I chose to trade on the natural cycle. It is a cycle that is 6 to 8 days long. You can therefore do analysis with EOD data.

With this statement, I have led you to a place where if you are fifth grade or older you are a potential millionaire. We can conclude that people who flame here have the brains of people less than fifth graders. We will explore their handicaps mentally.

The attachment is the yellow brick road that is an excel that you can change around to examine this stuff

#24     Aug 22, 2003
  5. It is common knowledge that people attack what they do not understand.

They do not understand because they do not take the time.

They do not take the time because they are lazy.

And the fact that you come back again to convoluted brings me back to the fact that what one would call convoluted depends on their verbal skills, both vocabulary and comprehension.

Jack's writing style is not rocket science, regardless to what some may think.

It has nothing to do with "lording" one's intelligence. It is a matter of aptitude, bottom line.

Some communicators are accustomed to communicating at a certain level. If that level is not reachable by some, well, life ain't always fair.

Everyone has choices, it is simply a matter of motivation to carry out those choices. Some choose to develop a skill set to comprehend Jack, others choose to whine.

#25     Aug 22, 2003
  6. bubba7

bubba7

I will use trend fader's set of posts on his swing trading. I have collected and organized all the tid bits from 123 pages.

The use I will put it to is to contrast what I do with what he does and why what he does puts him in the place he occupies.

You will see just how a person who was not profitable for years and who knows no intraday trader who is profitable and know no intraday trader who tried who did not give it up.

I want a ceiling type person as the person to contrast this stuff against and Trend fader volunteered along with inandlong.
    Powergirl will enjoy all of this immensely.

Let us begin. I use the compound interest formula.

Time is an exponent expressed in cycles. As an exponent it is the most powerful mathematical component of the formula.

Initially we, pragmatically look at how time can be entrained to work for us. We have two limits. In financial industry parlance: Buy and hold and scalping.

Between those limits is where I operate. Since time is the most powerful variable, we also need to protect ourselves time wise.

I have reviewed the ditribution of time over the spectrum of making money.

I have spaced the time durations by multiples. That is to say I keep the ratio of two adjacent durations in the same general ratio. The multiple is like 5 or something near that. I compromise because of conventions.

1 min
    5min
    30 min
    daily
    weekly
    monthly
    quarterly

With these available, we look at efficiency of both ourselves and the market.

By crudely assessing the range of price in each, the thing we use to make money, we can see the potentials.

What we are looking to measure is how fast the car goesOUR MONEY VELOCITY. I pick my 750il because I do not like being bothered by red necks in pick ups and teenagers in their AGMs.

The two keep points Trend fader makes in this venue are: 1. the longer time frame you use the more money you make. And 2. you measure success by how smooth you keep your equitiy curve (the curve of the capital you retain over time). He keeps the curve smooth by scaling out when he is profitable and he makes most of his money (page24R).."because I had a few huge winners" this is 25% (page 9R). the modal aspect of the trading he does is "small/scratch winners".. @ "40%" (page9R). A huge winner is 2.5+R. I take that to be somewaht ovr 2.5 and not as high as 2.6 since he inquired of me about 11.1 and not 11.2. small/scratch winners are ".5R" (page 9R)

The target we have is 50% of the potential and my records show 7 out of 8 winers are at 10% or better as the 1/2 we take of the trend run. That means that we are looking at all oppotunities s being 20% or better. The non winners are time stopped out and they are closed because of other opportunities rather than losses. There are some losers on news, however.

Now we can see the ball park quite well. By comparing the H/L on the fractals we see time and profits linked tightly. The market is more efficient for giving us money as the playing fractal gets faster.

We as players are not more efficient as the fractals get faster. there are two limitations: 1. jobs and 2. monitoring, decision making and actioning effectiveness.

There is a slightly lesser yield with this method if you just do it in the evening. It is statistically significant but not important at all.

I chose to compromise on all the efficiency considerations and I chose to trade on the natural cycle. It is a cycle that is 6 to 8 days long. You can therefore do analysis with EOD data.

With this statement, I have led you to a place where if you are fifth grade or older you are a potential millionaire. We can conclude that people who flame here have the brains of people less than fifth graders. We will explore their handicaps mentally.

The attachment is the yellow brick road that is an excel that you can change around to examine this stuff

#26     Aug 22, 2003
  7. bubba7

bubba7

#27     Aug 22, 2003
  8. bubba7

bubba7

getting stuff on ET is somehow being fouled up i think it is me promarily but it just sits there and later it pops out.

Be patient.

I will try to cut the density and also I will address vocabulary.

I will also reread on the previewer as well.

It is conventional for people to say their grammer, syntax, and spelling pieces.

I am used to transcribers and then doing at least three edits on clean copy before it goes to edit.

I am merciless on myself in these processes. Here I am soloing on tranfering stuff in a didactical forum. On top of that there are sick puppies and moderators whose space isn't related to the financial industry.

I will become the best example of improvement that you have ever seen just because I am capable of improving.

As far as the academic stuff and the intellectual levels, etc.. I fully recognize that there is not that set of components on ET. And it is true we are just operating here on the level of making money as fast and efficiently as possible.

I do feel comfortable here and I am older so I have seen the spectrum of types that academically and intellectually use various ploys. We may get into some depth at some point, if we do then we can play a little at that time.

I will operate as I have suggestedwhen I do the final passes on all of this stuff.

We have a nice base forming here and the people who do not like anything about me are getting in some quality time on every little bit of bullshit they can think up.

#28     Aug 22, 2003
  9. trendy

trendy

Jack, I hope you are better at stock picking than you are at gender identification.

BTW, I have a mental picture of you as well.

#29     Aug 22, 2003
  10. Poor Jack,

You wrote already so much nonsense that none of these people really care what you write. Don't believe I am going to get up to speed with your funny farm.

About you not being a fraud, let's go back a few posts, you're not very stable though in your written word. So it's kind of awkward to get too much involved with fellows like you. Poor soul, you are simply beyond redemption. Keep playing your tunes and be happy with the crowd that runs behind you.

From links provided by your fans in recent days, I looked a bit at your little pieces on other boards some time before you burrowed in here. Interesting exercise! In fact mind boggling. I sincerely wish for you that if another McKay would come along the next 200 years or so, he might dedicate a tiny footnote to your pranks and the extraordinary appreciation you received from the faithful crowd.

Don't neglect your little pieces over at the psycho's forum. You still will have to work a bit on rime before you qualify for Mother Goose. Sweet dreams sharp cookie. You are the greatest.
    [​IMG]

#30     Aug 22, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.