Hershey speak

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by spiderpig28, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiderpig28

spiderpig28 Guest

One sure sign of a Pseudo-expert is writing that is unclear and difficult to follow. Unclear writing comes from unclear thinking. A true expert will be able to explain complicated ideas in ways that are clear and easy to understand.

2. jsmith

jsmith

No kidding.

A few years back, I copied every single one of Jack's post on ET and other dedicated websites into a word document to decipher. After spending a few days trying to figure out the secret of capturing multiples of the ATR through his posts, I surrendered.

I printed out charts and drew trendlines according to his cryptic writings. It was easy when the day was already complete. The problem is that those would've never worked on the hard right edge. When the price hits the trend line, you don't know whether to exit or hold until after the fact. If the trade didn't work out, you were suppose to wash the trade and exit/reverse at the same price you got in which is much easier said than done.

I started out being optimistic thinking he was truly trying to help people. After all that time wasted, I honestly didn't learn anything besides how to decrypt the english language. I think it's just a cruel sick joke he's playing and seeing how gullible some wannabe traders are to become followers of nothing.

3. jsmith

jsmith

It's really easy to draw trendlines on 5 min charts at the end of the day and explain how you would capture every trend in the day achieving 3x ATR in profits. It's not possible realtime within the noise of the 5 min bar. If you wait till the close of the bar, it's already too late if it's a wide range bar.

It would actually be nice to have Jack or any follower post their statement with entries/exits just for a few days showing them capturing 3x ATR in profits. I would honestly spend another week trying to decipher Jack's posts if this proof ever appears.

4. The people who dote on him are quite sad and will obviously never be successful in this business if they cant devise their own system.. let alone being so gullible they cant see Jack's method doesn't work in practice

5. A lot of what he says makes sense if you consider that he may be someone locked up in the state hospital.

6. mde2004

mde2004

The man is in the state mental ward. Drawing the chart and posting it after the fact is so easy a caveman could do it. He never has posted proof that he makes any money trading and I doubt he catches any of the moves he draws on the chart. It is impossible to know in real time where the bars will close.

7. WOW - talk about going the extra mile - hahahaha

8. How about getting your facts straight. The charts are drawn in real time. I do it myself every day. It does take A LOT of work and effort to break through old ways of doing things. It's akin to the old saw about the corporate exec saying "well, that's the way we've always done it".

It's not about knowing where the bar is going to close. If that's what you think, you don't get it.

I understand why most people think Jack is hard to understand. He communicates with unusual words that represent lingquistic precision. THe average person uses words with built-in meanings based on environment and experience. THis is the trap that causes so many so much problem.

Spydertrader has been posting live trades, in advance, for YEARS. He trades almost exactly how Jack does. I've made an 8 month effort at this, 7 days a week. It has taken me that long to begin to break up the old mental patterns.

Say what you will, but there are those that have proven, right here on Elite, that what Jack teaches not only works, but is so powerful that people are ridiculed for the incredible performance they achieve.

9. feb2865

feb2865

I would love to see those live trades IN REAL TIME

10. Ah good ole ET. I see nothing has changed. Bundle you cannot reason with those on a jihad. Total waste of time.

#10     Aug 19, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.