Hershey (HSY)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by vanzandt, May 18, 2018.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Probably a good short at $91.
    Look at 5 year chart and then compare it to CPB, KHC, MDLZ.
    There's a lot of room to fall on this one with a PE of 20.
    If consumer tastes are changing as Campbells claims today... this thing is gonna plummet.
    Higher input costs, transportation, healthy Millenials...
    My target near term is $84.

elitenapper likes this.
  2. It looks like a decent short, Technically speaking.

vanzandt likes this.
  3. Cabin111

Cabin111

I use to work at a Hershey plant in California years ago (subcontractor). I would see some of their inner workings. I use to own some of their stock...Sold it for a fair gain way back when. A few thing that I saw from the company. Even though the Hershey Trust sold some of their stock back to Hershey Corp., they still have a say in management. They are not big spenders (top heavy) that I saw. When I worked there they would hold off on projects till they made their quarter numbers...They would work on making their numbers AT ALL COSTS!! They would use shoestrings and leather (duct tape) to keep the plant going to have a good quarter. Then they would take huge losses the next, while they worked on infrastructure. You never know what you have. People are moving away from high fructose corn syrup...Hershey has a ton in their different candies. With many of their chocolate candies they are putting everything in them but chocolate. That could backfire for them. There are very few companies I wouldn't buy because of moral issues...Hershey is one of them. They built water wells in Africa dropping the water tables in the areas. They offered to sell the poor people water since their wells went dry!! Just me...

comagnum, elitenapper and vanzandt like this.