Herniated disk with nerve being pinched

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by tango29, Jun 14, 2022.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

Therapy first and foremost. Then perhaps a facet block to diagnose exactly where pain is coming from. If he feels no pain after the facet block then the Doctor knows exactly where the pain is coming from. The next step would be a Rhizotomy. This is burning the nerve ending with radio frequency under light sedation. This can stop the pain for 2-6 years or forever. Super simple procedure don't know your cost or what type of insurance you have. good luck but always first try therapy. Therapy only takes you so far.

this is for a lumbar rhizotomy.

#11     Jun 16, 2022
    tango29 and Frederick Foresight like this.
  2. Fascinating stuff.

#12     Jun 16, 2022
  3. tango29

tango29

He is scheduled for an epidural using a steroid to go after the pain. We are hoping he doesn't need more than that plus work on decompressing to relieve the nerve pinch. He was able to get about 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night which hasn't happened in a week, so hopefully that is a good sign.

#13     Jun 16, 2022
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Good luck. I hope that helps. I do these 2 stretches' every morning as soon as I wake up, maybe it can help him.

Downward dog and Childs pose. I hold them for 2 -3 minutes each.

#14     Jun 16, 2022
    tango29 likes this.
  5. tango29

tango29

He was trying a yoga position yesterday. I will pass on these positions for him to look into.
    Thank you

#15     Jun 16, 2022