Hermin Miller Aeron

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Joab, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Joab

Joab

Just bought my first (FINALLY).

I have 30 days to evaluate if it's worth the $$$.

Anyone else care to comment?

2. Well what do you think of your new chair so far?

3. bl82

bl82

I just recently got a very light and comfy Steelcase Think; you should probably look at that model as well as the more deluxe Steelcase Leap before you make a final decision.

4. The Aeron is a nice chair, but not terribly durable. I am 240lbs and have gone through warranty twice.

5. I have two Aerons, one at work and one at home. I bought the home one with my own money after I realised that my back and shoulders were hurting after long sessions at the home PC. I didn't get that at work despite spending more hours in front of the PC so I assumed it was the chair. I bought the Aeron for home and my problems went away.

I suppose the most important point is that I don't notice either of my chairs while using them. I weigh about 200lbs. Both chairs have held up well for past 3 years. However, I did once sit down very enthusiastically on the edge of somebody else's Aeron at work and break one of the supports. They do need a little bit of care.

Suss

6. skepticaltrader

skepticaltrader Guest

How long is the warranty on those chairs?

Thanks

7. Joab

Joab

Well so far the first day is pretty comfy but a little cold on the back because of the mesh.

So far so good.

Riskarb , I'm only 150 so it shouldn't be an issue :)

8. Joab and others - still like the Aeron? Any other recommendations?

9. I love it, the non-leather arms suck though, pony up for the leather.

10. dac8555

dac8555

my old company did something very Stupid with Aerons....They bought a dozen fo rthe executive board room....Which is only used a few times a week at the most. $12,000..ouch.

I think they are the best chair ever made...but they are expensive.

#10     Oct 17, 2006