Herman Cain to run for president in 2012

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, May 27, 2011.

1. October 10, 2011

SouthAmerica: Reply to Max Pad

Yes, I would like to see Al Gore challenge Barack Obama for the nomination of the Democratic Party in 2012.

I think Al Gore could beat Barack Obama if he challenged Barack Obama for the nomination.

In my opinion, Barack Obama has been a big disappointment in every way, and his 40 percent job approval shows that most Americans are also disappointed with his performance.

For 2 years before the last election I gave all the reasons why Al Gore was a better choice to be the president of the United States – and I still believe that today.

It has nothing to do with race or color of one's skin.

Al Gore has been groomed to be president of the United States his entire life, and he is well prepared and ready for the challenges and responsibilities that come with that job.

#41     Oct 10, 2011
  2. October 10, 2011

SouthAmerica: To clarify my point of view here is what I wrote about Al Gore here on ET forum in May 2008:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2904161#post2904161

May 5, 2008

SouthAmerica: ...Al Gore understand better than anybody else the value of state-of-the-art technologies; he has been on the board of major technology companies such as Google, Apple, Current TV, and so on….

Al Gore understand the importance of broadband, and leading edge innovation and technology. He understands how the world of tomorrow works because of his involvement with all these leading edge technology companies.

There is no other politician who is better qualified in the United States than Al Gore that has a grasp on how the entire world is changing because of technology. And Al Gore would be the best bet to be in charge of a technological revolution in the US in the coming years and reinvent the US economy based on the technologies of tomorrow.

I believe in technology and I can’t even imagine all the breakthroughs that are ahead of us in the coming years.

In my opinion Al Gore is the best bet that we have in the United States to guide the US during this reinvention of the US economy regarding the technologies that will change the world in the coming decades.

Under Al Gore’s leadership the US can develop the technologies of the world of tomorrow – and the US can become once again a leader in the development of leading edge technologies.

During the 8 years of an Al Gore administration I would expect many technological breakthroughs and a massive transformation of the US infrastructure for the better to bring it to par to be able to compete in the new global economy. And I also expect that in the process millions and millions of new jobs (high quality jobs) are created inside of the US economy.

That is the Al Gore that is appealing to me; the Statesman, the visionary, the ethical, the high character, and the best politician that is available today to become the next president of the United States.

#42     Oct 10, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

ANYONE would have easily been better than Obama including even Palin.

#43     Oct 11, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Even Al Gore?

#44     Oct 11, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're delusional and fixated on the lefts ideology of racism.

#45     Oct 11, 2011
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

:D

ABO.

I think it is more likely to be Romney or Perry but I would vote for a lifesize cardboard cutout of Ronald Reagan if I thought it could beat Obama.

#46     Oct 11, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

ABR.

#47     Oct 11, 2011
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I think McCain would have been much better.

He isn't quite a republican so I think he would have followed a similar flawed line of thinking regarding stimulus and bailouts.

The difference would have been that the stimulus would not have been sent straight to the labor unions and the bailouts would not have been targeted to benefit left-wing ideology. McCain's "stimulus" would likely have been directed at a wider portion of the economy and not directed merely at huge institutions. There would have been some new kind of small business loan apparatus (agency if you like) to keep small businesses funded and probably a reduction of income taxes on the middle-class in an attempt to stimulate consumerism.

Would it have worked? I don't know because by 2008 most (well, many) people got it into their heads to save money at historically high rates so I think that money would have disappeared into savings accounts, bonds etc.

Certainly billions would not have been dumped into ill-advised "green industries" unless there was a solid market behind them.

Yeah, McCain would have done a better job with the economy.

But what about the wars?

It is entirely possible maybe probable that we would be kicking Iran's ass right now. It is not rational to allow Iran to possess nuclear weapons and something would have been done about it particularly while we already have troops in almost every border country. McCain would have propped up Mubarek, he would have had Assad deposed and would likely have directly gone after Ghaddafi.

So, I think McCain would have made a safer world than Obama.

#48     Oct 11, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Al Whore wasn't a candidate, was he? But yes even that arrogant lying POS would have been an improvement over Obama. Of course so would have Hitler so that's not necessarily saying much.

#49     Oct 11, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Neither was Palin. Reread your post.

#50     Oct 11, 2011