Here's your chance to show how smart you are

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by stock777, May 28, 2010.

1. I won't even say there's nothing to it, but friend, if you had something tradeable, you should have called it in your room, realtime Making some vague statement at 9:30 am aint a trading signal and you know it.

[​IMG]
    Floor Trader after May 2010

#11     May 28, 2010
  2. the1

the1

I'd say it was randomness. The more you study patterns like you suggest -- and believe me I have -- the more you realize they don't exist. The market isn't perfectly random but it's a hell of a lot more random than traders think. Chalk today (and yesterday for that matter) up to randomness.

#12     May 28, 2010
  3. the1

the1

And if window dressing does exist wouldn't it be safe to assume that dog dumping exists too? Managers buy the best performers before the end of the month and sell the worst. Wouldn't that cancel out the window dressing effect? Add in all the traders who trigger for other reasons or no reasons and you have one massive sample size, which supports the random market hypothesis.

#13     May 28, 2010
  4. the1, actually it isn't all that random, unless you consider the s&p downgrade of Spain in the afternoon a random event. Even that is probably known to some players, it's not exactly an act of god.

#14     May 28, 2010
  5. volente_00

volente_00

posted this last night in ES thread

#15     May 28, 2010
  6. Trading signal? Who labeled it that?

I specifically noted in the premarket and early going... AND the night before that a fundamental scenario exists where late-day selling in surge fashion can be expected... so head's up on trading that movement if you see it start to unfold.

I'm off to go turkey hunting right now at 4am est, and I expect the coffee to be ready uptown at the local gas station. Usually it is, sometimes it ain't. I expect to see = hear some turkeys this morning. Usually I do, sometimes not.

In either case I'm prepared for probable events. When the last two sessions in June arrives, I'll be cognizant of that too. Maybe they'll behave accordingly, maybe not.

Semper Paratus

#16     May 29, 2010