Here's Why Scientists Sell Their Sole To Support Global Warming

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 1, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

You can't even say the MMGW groups are "making money". They don't offer a product or service in the marketplace. What they do is STEAL money from the taxpayer with bogus claims and data and political favor. It's disgustingly dishonest.

#11     Sep 1, 2011
  2. jem

jem

And we can save on taxes and transfer payments to third world countries, wall street banks who will own the climate credit exchanges and the trillion dollar govt which will continue to build around a subject which may have no merit because the data shows the earth warms 800 years before CO2 builds up. There by making it so far impossible to show that CO2 buildup causes warming.

That why Gore was hyping last year the idea of the difference between man made CO2 vs. naturally occurring CO2. He knows he is full of shit.

I am not in favor of pollution. I am against transfer payment. Govt supported climate credit exchanges and big wasteful spending.

#12     Sep 1, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

That's good, because if it weren't scientists demonstrating the harmful effects of various practices and pollutants, who would be?

True enough. And I don't scoff at the possibility. But the original scoffers on the whole issue, on this board, were those denying that industry might be trying to protect their existing profits much more effectively than scientists might be trying to obtain hoped-for profits.

#13     Sep 1, 2011
  4. :D This thread is a fail based on the title alone.

#14     Sep 1, 2011
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Your side would have much more credibility if they were not alarmists, and they didnt exagerate. For example, i actually believe we are atleast causing a miniscule amount of warming, and the reason for my belief is because if you go into a big city like new york on a hot day, it becomes hotter with people, and traffic, and pavement. If an empty field was there it would be a little bit cooler, so naturally you could conclude we cause a little bit of warming. This is miniscule though, and it sure as hell is not going to cause us to go into the overwarming death spiral that the alarmists have tried to portrude. What warming we cause beyond that is still up for debate in my opinion.

The guy who you have preaching for MMGW (Al Gore)is basically a televangelist. As soon as someone starts using lines like "this is no longer up for debate," or comparing people who question the amount of warming we are causing to racists, your bullshit detectors should instantly go off.

If Al Gore is supremely confident in the amount of warming we are causing, why wouldnt he go on t.v. and debate the multitudes of credible scientists who have shown data that conflicts with what he is preaching?

#15     Sep 1, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

The occasional typo and no one really says anything, but with pspr it's constant. For another example, what the hell is a "stip"?

Anyway, in his case it's excitement. "Oh boy, here's another anti-Obama story! I gotta post this right away!! So fast I can't even think to type write!!!"

: )

#16     Sep 1, 2011
  7. DT-waw

DT-waw

The grand plan of MMGW is to TAX whole nations and bring more $$$ to the banking cartel.

the planet is fine, the people are f**ked.

#17     Sep 1, 2011
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Fair enough. And "your side" (ironically, I'm the one in industry) would have more credibility if their story ever varied from "nope, that's not any problem whatsoever."

#18     Sep 1, 2011
  9. bone

bone

Our history is completely littered with politicians and scientists pimping themselves and corrupting their data, their logic, and indeed their SOULS to enrich themselves.

#19     Sep 1, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Well, politicians certainly. Scientists, in general? I don't think so. But if you mean industry scientists, yes, I would agree.

Who was it who said, "that whore, Reason!"? (She sleeps with the highest bidder.) : )

#20     Sep 1, 2011