Here's what the great leader said

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stock777, Mar 18, 2008.

1. ``I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community,'' Obama, 46, said today in Philadelphia. ``I can no more disown him than I can disown my white grandmother -- a woman who helped raise me.''

Uh huh.

So if Hitler was your cousin, you couldn't disown him. Uh Huh.

And he compares his Grandmother who said nothing, to an anti American bigot.

Send this clown packing.

2. TGregg

TGregg

Bad comparison. So if Obmama went to a church that was led by Hitler and had a cheering congregation of followers, he wouldn't quit the church or disown Hitler. He'd just "vehemently disagree". Then take his kids next Sunday to hear more.

But why should he do anything else? This gives him votes. There's a good chance he knows this stuff is #@&^, but he also knows that a lot of his base believe it. WTF else do you think he joined this church in the first place?

Wait'll he drops the other shoe. "Vote for me or your cities will burn in riots." `Course he won't say it. He'll send out somebody who he can fire from his campaign, or ask Sharpton to say it, or somebody who can have some distance. Obama'd rather keep that firebomb for the general election, but if it looks like he's going down he'll play his trump cards.

3. It's actually worse than that. Here is what he said about Wright:
    Not once in my conversations with him have I heard him talk about any ethnic group in derogatory terms, or treat whites with whom he interacted with anything but courtesy and respect.

and here is what he said about his grandmother in the very next paragraph:
    a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.
    http://www.iht.com/bin/printfriendly.php?id=11222332

See how convenient, he did not know that his preacher was a racist but he knew that his gramma was so we therefore should ignore his association with the bigot and perhaps we should also all apologize for his white grandmother's intolerance and racism.

As far as Wright's anti-American sentiments are concerned, I am sure Obama was not aware of them either, that his wife has never been proud of her country is undoubtedly a mere coincidence.

4. Retired

Retired

Obama is almost finished. He just needs an endorsement from Al Sharpton to make that happen.

:D

5. TGregg

TGregg

6. i can't wait till the focus heats up on traitor mccain... should be quite entertaining.

7. It's going to be ugly. In many way's deservedly. At the EOD though I'll have to hold my nose and vote for him anyways. Should have been Paul but then again it should have been Buchanan in 92 or 96. We'll pay for our fiscal/monetary/interventionist sins......

8. TraderC

TraderC

We could see a replay of the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago.