Here's what happened after i buy course from Scott Phillips

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Ates, Dec 1, 2019.

1. This fucker is thicc lol

#51     Dec 1, 2019
  2. Ates

Ates

No it's not. However if you claim your system have 75% win rate, what's the probability of having 3 straight losing trades in your first trade?

#52     Dec 1, 2019
  3. Ates

Ates

To be honest i don't care he was a criminal. This is what happened in the past and he paid for it. Actually i am not even sure if he was a criminal. So i wouldn't worry about it and i didn't.

Actually i am not after my money. I wanted to pay and bought that course. What i can not accept is his attitude. He can not say f.. to his client.

And i liked him to be honest. He was very responsible. Looking at his background, i liked how he wanted to change his life. But suddenly he did this to me.

#53     Dec 2, 2019
    Nobert and Snuskpelle like this.
  4. maxinger

maxinger

I paid $3000 for a trading coach before.
    he was an unscuccessful trader.

Over the past few years, I haven't heard of him

#54     Dec 2, 2019
  5. Ates

Ates

I can also understand courses. It's a cash flow. People often ask why do you teach a strategy if you are good at it. Well we all know that there's no holy grail in trading business. If you are used to a system and profitable, it's your holy grail. One can read and trade 20 MA making profits. This doesn't mean i will trade 20MA and be profitable. Selling courses is good. This is their business.

BUT: They shouldn't offer holy grail. They shouldn't tell that they are live trading if they are not. I like transparency. I can still buy a course from someone who is not profitable. The reason is to find something he can not see or he can not use.

Unfortunately there are too many scammers. And I say more than 90% of educators are scammers. I would teach what i know about TA. I doubt it would hurt me.

See, most day traders are using momentum breakout strategy in stocks market. What they basically do is to trade bull flag breakout and some of them are quite successful. But i doubt it will work forever.

I have designed an algorithm and backtested it in FX and Stocks market. I don't remember now but the starting date of backtest was something like 2004. When you look at the balance growth chart, you can easily say HOLY-GRAIL. However, if you look closely, the algo lost money since 2017. Think if you would started trading that at the beginning of 2017. You would be 20% down today. I will share the screenshot of the chart later here.

#55     Dec 2, 2019
  6. The replies nasty .

#56     Dec 2, 2019
  7. Wheezooo

Wheezooo

A proverb finds its fool.

#57     Dec 2, 2019
  8. toby400

toby400

Yes - a FOOL and his MONEY are soon PARTED

#58     Dec 2, 2019
  9. zdreg

zdreg

Every trading system is an excellent trading system at some moment in time.
    It reminds me of the quip by the famous football coach Vince Lombardi: winning isn't everything it is the only thing.
    My corollary is that timing isn't everything. It is the only thing.

#59     Dec 2, 2019
    Nobert and themickey like this.
  10. When a financial trainer calls his strategy "HOLY GRAIL", alarm bell should start ringing. This smacks of sales talk. He's throwing words like "holy grail" as bait.

If the trainer is really so good with a holy grail system, do you think he'll be sharing with other people? I bet he is going through serious drawdowns as a trader. So, he's resorting to sure-gain business like training for stable income.

#60     Dec 2, 2019
    Snuskpelle likes this.