Here's real verifiable proof 90% lose

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Dissident, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Dissident

Dissident

Let me clear some of this up.

1. Numbers with () around them are
    negative.

2. On the first page, the first couple of accounts are the accounts with just sub accounts in them. I included these to show the letter head of the receiver and the TUCO name just so it didn't look like this was made up.

3. The individual accounts start about half way down the first page when there are no spaces between the lines.

4. The missing pages(1-4, and 9-10) didn't contain the account information on them so I left them out. Plus ET has a limit to the number of pictures you can post. There is enough posted for everyone to get the idea.

#11     Apr 29, 2009
  2. and this is from a "prop shop". imagine what a retail broker statment looks like, i bet its more like 99% lose....

surf

#12     Apr 29, 2009
  3. How many traders did you count ?

#13     Apr 29, 2009
  4. very correct brother surf. these are pple who trade for a living, partimers are much much worse.

adn in the Long run 20++ years it is 1 in 10 thousand

#14     Apr 29, 2009
  5. Midas

Midas

Those with ( ) and those positive. I did it real fast because I am busy trading. I might be off a few %.

In my experience most seasoned prop traders end up at one of a handfull of firms, and this is not one of them. Many people went to Tuco because they could not pass the series 7..... So probably more in line with retail brokers.

#15     Apr 29, 2009
  6. depends on the market, the average person and almost all financial advisers think buy and hold, so in a bull market 99% of them are making some profit

one of the things that gives a trader advantage (not necessarily profit) is that out of billions of people in this world, less than a million know you can actually short some stocks

#16     Apr 29, 2009

7. Buy and hold is investing , not trading , we have to compare apples to apples

#17     Apr 29, 2009
  8. No, people avoid the Series 7 for other reasons, not because they could not pass it. Maybe some could not pass, I don't know. I'm sure some did not feel like wasting the time nor money. Others just don't want to deal with the added regulations.

Those statements are a good representative of the average "prop" firm.

#18     Apr 29, 2009
  9. OffTilt

OffTilt Guest

running through the numbers quickly on these pages I came up with....

206 active traders

33 profitable - 16%
    7 with $50k + profit - 3%

173 unprofitable - 84%
    57 with losses over $10k - 28%

#19     Apr 29, 2009
  10. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

So you assume those who trade retail are part-timers? Plenty of retail traders who are full time and CHOOSE to not trade prop -- like those who have adequate capital.

Actually, full time retail guys probably do as well as prop traders, if not better. Prop traders who are running around looking for where they can trade putting up no capital or some minimal amount of $$$ reek of being traders who are not successful. Otherwise they'd have capital to put up and have generated trading profits to not only pay their bills but continue to fund a trading account.

#20     Apr 29, 2009