Here's How Bad Vegas Is - Don't Let the 'Green Shoot' Crowd Bullshit You

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 16, 2009.

1. ICSC is fucking awesome. Well, until some coked up broker hits you with a right hook for talking to his inter-office crush. The free drinks cushion the blow though, so its all good.

#31     Jul 16, 2009

2. Wah Wah Wah!!!

I'm Landis!

I like to follow people around and tell them they're paid by Baron!

I'm so busy with my trading and profiteering, that I like to stalk about 43 people on ET and respond, worthlessly, in each thread they post!

Wah Wah Wah!

[​IMG]

#32     Jul 16, 2009
  3. It was way better back when that shopping center REIT was throwing those intense parties at GVR, complete with erotic dancers (not really, but close enough), live, major rock bands playing, and fireworks to cap the night.

If you didn't have an invite, security was tighter than the White House.

I won't mention the name, because the guy that owned that REIT (essentially owned it all), has fallen on some very hard times, and was a hell of a nice guy, and a lot of his employees took advantage of him, big time.

#33     Jul 16, 2009
  4. California is OK. Check this during rush hours: (bay Area)

http://video.dot.ca.gov/asx/N880at101.asx

#34     Jul 16, 2009
  5. The U.S. has a loooooong way to go to return to normalcy. You are exactly right. Normalcy is not measured in terms of how it has been before but in this particular example whether the skills needed (relative to other skills in other industries) deserve to be rewarded with 150k/annum. I argue clearly no and the same applies to any semi skilled labor (such as plumbers and other jobs on similar skill level) regardless of whether the job is in LA, in Minnesota, or Manhattan. Some have to come to accept the fact that a job that requires 6months - 1 year of training is not supposed to support an above average life style in central Manhattan. If it does its a clear sign to me that such salaries are still bloated.

#35     Jul 16, 2009
  6. Retail is all about having big tits or really liking big tits.

Edit: wait, I was thinking of something else, I might be too young for the GVR parties. The best ones were at the Palms when I went, I forget who threw them.

#36     Jul 16, 2009
  7. Lol, take no offense but what did your friend expect? Money thrown at her by a guy she met for the first time without sucking the dirty banana? Some women really surprise me, same expectations than a plumber or waiter who think they deserve 150k/annum. ;-)

#37     Jul 16, 2009
  8. Total bullshit.

100*30,000 = $3,000,000

200*30,000 = $6,000,000

Yeah, I'm sure they guy dropped 3-6 million in tips in one day.

LIE #1
    -------------------------------------------

Sorry, not buying this bullshit either.

LIE #2

#38     Jul 16, 2009
  9. I did not respond because your last point made in your post was irrelevant to your argument. You simply do not know how to support your points. No need to call people names you rather want to invest the time to come up with your own arguments and not keep on blindly copying someone else's work.

#39     Jul 16, 2009
  10. First, thanks for interjecting a point (from another thread) into this one.

Second, the point was not irrelevant, as it had to do with your general contention that China's economy is doing well on a secular growth basis, and I am rebutting your contention by opining that Chinese GDP grew marginally over last quarter, assuming the numbers being reported by the Chinese Central Bank are accurate, and on top of that, on the back of a stimulus package that China, by it's own calculation, amounts to roughly 28% of its national reserve.

#40     Jul 16, 2009