Here's How Bad June 09 Car Sales Were (They Were Extremely Poor)

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 1, 2009.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

does anyone know why suzuki are declining so much? it seems out of proportion with the others the only one close is porsche which is luxury.

#11     Jul 1, 2009
  2. lol... thats the CNBC mode.

if its good news= "we've turned the corner/green shoots."

worse than expected news = "thats to be expected"

#12     Jul 1, 2009
  3. S2007S

S2007S

I guess 9 million is the new 10 million, aside from that we all know sales are going to eventually bottom out. How positive this will be for a stock like Toyota or Ford is still in question. I think sales will continue to fall then trade sideways for a really long time. Going to take at least 7-10 years+ to push 17 million vehicles a year through this slowing economy.

#13     Jul 1, 2009
  4. I believe less than 9 million new cars will be sold this year.

A lot more cars were sold in the first half than if there were not fire sales.

Those sales will rob from the 2nd half.

There will be disappointment all around as this reality sinks in.

People are literally swearing off cars, taking mass transit, becoming one car households, and hanging on to their hoopties.

Buying new cars is a last ditch proposition for 75% of the people who used to lease/buy a new one every 2-3 years.

Maybe they'll start selling them like Sears is selling appliances - if you don't want to pay for them after you buy or lease them, you won't have to. That would probably stimulate sales.

#14     Jul 1, 2009