here you go, meat eaters...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FRuiTY PeBBLe, May 30, 2003.

1. I'M ROCK SOLID!!

#31     May 30, 2003

2. he wasn't;t talking about heads:D

#32     May 30, 2003
  3. i don't really know much about your claim, so i will just let it go....but...

1) we're not cave men anymore

2) you can still get protein without eating meat

#33     May 30, 2003

4. I have some protein for you!!!!:D

#34     May 30, 2003
  5. "Diet research..
    I did a lot of informal research on diet. Anthropologists have never found a place on Earth where you can get all the nutrients you want without eating meat. End of discussion for me. I work with a Vegan guy, 112 pounds, looks like shit, unhealthy after 25 years on that diet. I think Veganism is more of a mental disorder than a diet choice and all the big and healthy Vegans have been on the diet for under a year probably."

This is absolutely true.

Also, we spent the majority of our evolutionary years as HUNTER GATHERERS. This means that we ate anything we could get, including animals. The paleolithic human got 50% of of its calories from animals.

relatively speaking, the amount of time humans have spent in agricuturally supported societies is a drop in the bucket, and there is evidence that we havent' fully adapted to this condition yet. Our high carb , high sugar diets are what is killing us, not the meat.

as for the ethics of meat, if you believe humans are animals, well animals eat meat, and humans that eat small amounts of meat are better off because of it.

#35     May 30, 2003
  6. a Vegan diet is totally unatural, have you ever seen now much processed food they eat ???? Not only that, its expensive.

#36     May 30, 2003
  7. we are not cave men anymore. there is no need to go around slicing the throats of animals (even though you don't do it yourself, your money is paying for someone else to do it). get your protein another way. it's the year 2003. we've walked on the freaking moon. be CIVILIZED.

#37     May 30, 2003
  8. i don't support eating meat, for health reasons, and for cruelty reasons. i do still eat meat a few times a week because:

1. i was raised eating meat, so i'm more or less desensitized.

2. i don't want to be one of those people that gets sick when they eat something cooked in a pan after some meat was cooked in it.

3. it is difficult (not impossible though) to get all the nutrition you get from meat. let's face it, evolution says we are all meat eaters because that's what our ancestors ate. so i don't think anyone here has the digestive system to handle eating strictly vegetables, etc.

think about this though -- all the things you can't eat when you get old, are the things that are actually not good for you your entire life: red meat, dairy, sugar, salt. it's just that when you get old, your body can't take it any more, having been abused all those years.

final point: if we can eat animals because they are "stupid" or less evolved, then you should agree with a superior race, or possibly just highly intelligent humans, slaughtering and eating us in the same way.

#38     May 30, 2003
  9. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

On the note of healthy......in South Carolina I saw the weirdest water advertisements......a bottled water called "Out House Springs".....stufff was made from reclaimed and filtered grey water......that is enough to make me queasy.......there must have been 12 billboards for it coming into Charleston.
    The ads were hysterical. But I would not DRINK it! Yuck:p

#39     May 30, 2003

10. I would...as long as it was mixed with a little Jack Daniels to sanitize it:p

I have to be honest though.....Im a ravenous steak man but I won;t eat Veal because of the thought of how it's prepared...I love Veal but it's kind of bizarre how they make it.....the funny thing is that I don't think the animal prefers to be killed in one way or another so it makes no difference...I mean, would you rather die from a single shot to your head or a guillotine??? doesn't;t make a difference..

#40     May 30, 2003