here you go, meat eaters...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FRuiTY PeBBLe, May 30, 2003.

1. sunnie

sunnie

We had a good friend die (healthy, athletic, in his mid-30s) because he did not wear (on that particular day) his bicycle helmet...he fell and his head hit the pavement...I believe this could happen at any age...

Atkins had suffered a severe head injury April 8 after falling on an icy sidewalk while walking to work. He underwent surgery to remove a blood clot from his brain..

http://www.msnbc.com/news/901572.asp

#91     Jun 3, 2003
  2. Toonces

Toonces

Sorry about your friend...I'm guessing he was going pretty fast? If so, the impact must have been a lot more than just someone just falling.

#92     Jun 3, 2003
  3. sunnie

sunnie

No, not going that fast....he was riding his bike on the bike path after a rain - the rain had washed some silt/small rocks onto the bike path and the bike slipped as he turned....and this was the one day he did not wear his helmet... similar story with the blood clots, later had surgery, but a week later was dead....

Reminds me of another incident where a classmate of my son's was snowboarding and hit his head on ice, caused a concussion, but later came out of the coma 8 hours later....

#93     Jun 4, 2003
  4. lundy

lundy

when I was young, me and my friends used to climb a big banyan tree. It was well over 150 feet high. We were climbing about half way up and my friend fell...

his lower back landed on cement sidewalk, and his upper back and head hit the dirt.

His head broke open, and his brain swelled to 4x it's size....

He lived, with only very slight brain damage.

#94     Jun 4, 2003
  5. lundy

lundy

Everyone who reads this should always remember when they eat their cows, that the cow cried in pain and fear while hanging upside down by it's feet, ankles broken, sometimes for hours before execution.

Yes, they cry. Dont beleive me, go and see for yourself.

#95     Jun 4, 2003
  6. TGregg

TGregg

I sent the mouse trap link to my father-in-law. Mebbe we'll build one of them. :D

#96     Jun 4, 2003
  7. if your gonna eat meat, you must do so in very small amounts. 4 ounces only/several X week. no more :-/

#97     Jun 4, 2003
  8. I'm on an all okra diet.

#98     Sep 9, 2003