Here we go: bank stress test rumors...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Martinghoul, Apr 20, 2009.

1. They can't win because they're known liars.

If they claim all is well, no one will believe them.

If they level with the people, it's a matter of how devastating the results will be, as a matter of degree.

We all know the major banks are insolvent, and anyone who doubts this has no idea how terrible their capital ratios are - way worse than during the S&L crisis, which was very regional in nature, and almost exclusively tied to real estate development loans (not garden variety mortgages & HELOCs in battered areas, CDOs or CDSs, let alone all the other toxic shit the banks have now).

#11     Apr 20, 2009
  2. Interesting stuff. They got called by the SEC in the afternoon. Owner of the site has details about the conversation up.

#12     Apr 20, 2009
  3. These are not rumors. Just look at the LENDING % of these banks that are sitting on TARP money. Down 22%.

So, why do you think the Credit Crunch as not Thawed? Why are the banks not lending? Hummm

You have yet to witness the next real big shoe to drop...but behind the scene is falling apart...Commerical RE:

There is a reason the Credit Card Companies are meeting with the WhiteHouse Thursday....They are about to be Insolvent if they do not get help.

This will take years to come to head.

We are going into a DPRESSIONARY RECESSION. Look at the Core Inflation Numbers. They are starting to fall.

The pattern of this "MeltDown" is not identical to the 29/32 meltdown....however, we have been in this only 7/9 months...but the GOV says 17months.

The true shit didn't hit the Fan in the 1900s until the Market Rallyed near 50% and it was into the Second Year that the Depression was felt....

#13     Apr 20, 2009
  4. The genie's out of the lamp.

The man on the street knows banks are toxic dumps.

#14     Apr 21, 2009
  5. taipan77

taipan77

What sucks is people fail to realize that capitalism works off the principle of transparency. If we let all the cats out of the bag and stop giving money to banks and just give one giant stimulus bill we would have been much better off. I live in San Diego and am finally starting to look at a house to buy in the next year. The banks still have the nerve to sell me a house built in 1960 that needs a kitchen, rugs, plumbing , and a paint job for 315k now if that's not a disgrace I don't know what is. When are the banks going to learn that these houses are not still worth this much. They got the Real Estate agents saying it's a sellers market right now. Can you believe that. I mentioned to my agent that all hell's going to break out because of how the banks and unemployment rate are horrible and he just ignores me like i'm stupid.

#15     Apr 21, 2009
  6. North Bergen, NJ -- This afternoon at around 3:00 PM eastern US time, Turner Radio Network (TRN) received a call from John Polesi at the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission in Washington, DC.

Mr. Polise asked about our story concerning the "stress test" as reported lower on this page. He specifically asked if we did, in fact, have a copy of the report?

I asked why he wanted to know? He replied "it is a material document."

He went on to say that the SEC is trying to determine what aspects of the report - if any - the SEC might require publicly traded companies to disclose publicly. I replied that I am aware that such discussions have been taking place between the SEC, the US Treasury and the Federal Reserve and that reports of those discussions have appeared in the main stream media of late.

He then asked "If I send you a request for documents, will you send the report to me?" I replied, "Would the request be a Subpoena?" He responded "No" and then asked, "If the request did come in the form of a Subpoena, if I got the Commission to approve one, would you supply the document?" I responded "We would have to speak with our legal counsel first, but I suspect we would move to quash any such Subpoena."

He thanked me for my time and hung up.

Caller ID indicated the call originated from 202-551-2000, but that is a non-working number. So we called directory assistance in Washington, DC and obtained the correct number for the US SEC.

After dialing the correct number, we got an automated attendant and selected 5 for the SEC media office. A young man named Kevin answered and confirmed for us that John Polise does work for the Enforcement Division of the SEC and that all telephone calls originating from their office show up on caller ID with that non-working phone number. As such, it appears this inquiry was legitimate.

Clearly, our report about the bank stress test results has struck a raw nerve in Washington, DC and elsewhere. To have both the United States Treasury comment on our story and the United States Securities and Exchange Commission call us literally within hours of our report indicates how seriously the powers-that-be are taking our revelations.

If there was nothing to our report, why all the fuss?

If they think anyone at TRN might be intimidated by a federal inquiry, they are sadly mistaken.

We have successfully defeated investigations by the FBI, The Joint Terrorism Task Force, The US Secret Service, the US Marshal Service, the US Capitol Police and a host of state and local law enforcement agencies over the past eight years of our existence. The SEC doesn't phase us at all.

We've ruffled a lot of feathers with this report. Stay tuned for further developments.

http://turnerradionetwork.blogspot.com/

Now, that´s funny...

#16     Apr 21, 2009
  7. AK100

AK100

Don't you just love the 'land of the free'.

Looks more like East Germany to me :)

#17     Apr 21, 2009
  8. sounds like BS IMO

#18     Apr 21, 2009
  9. What the government is saying in response?

I agree.

If there's one thing I've learned lately, it's that the government should be presumed guilty until proven innocent.

#19     Apr 21, 2009
  10. ipatent

ipatent

It is disinformation being fed to the far right to whip them into a frenzy. Next comes the OKC style false flag that will be pinned on them, and then the crackdown.

Not that there may not be a shred of truth in it.

#20     Apr 21, 2009