Here we go again - spoos may be locked limit tonight

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by nitro, Apr 7, 2003.

1. WRONG! Don't try lady luck twice, haven't you learned anything? ROTFLMAO!!!

#31     Apr 8, 2003
  2. Oh are you? I was going to wait for US intelligence to confirm this but hell who needs them? LOL

#32     Apr 8, 2003
  3. I would think that any kind of "war resolution rally" (and maybe monday morning was it?) already assumes the death or neutralization of Saddam and his family -- does it really matter much at this point if the guy is alive or dead or relaxing on some tropical island?

#33     Apr 8, 2003
  4. ktm

ktm

I think it does matter whether they get him or not. If he escapes and still has plenty of funding, he is still a threat...his sons too. To fail to get bin laden or Hussein would be too much for Bush. These guys are like street dealers, you can kick them off their corner, but they will pop up somewhere else still in business - removal is the solution.

It's been daylight over there for more than 10 hours now. The crater is 60 feet deep. If they got him, it would be out by now. Even only finding a few teeth or something, there would be people who survived in proximity to the place who knew he was there and word would spread in the streets. CNN has all but dropped the story, like that 100 acre "chemical weapons facility" a few weeks back.

I think we get a decent pop when they really do get him and/or when there's any kind of formal surrender. Neither of these things may happen, then we get back to the economy. That sucks right now.

#34     Apr 8, 2003
  5. Very nice call. That's two in a row for you isn't it? YOU ARE HUGE!!!:p

ps care to flip the coin for tomorrow?

#35     Apr 8, 2003
  6. nitro

nitro

Ugh - I traded spoo all night long till 4:10 AM (from my laptop turning channels feverishly.) I got out of the first trade a little stubbornly at + 1 3/4 (after being up + 5 3/4 LOL) then traded the back and forth session for another few....

Now I am on coffee for the rest of the day...

nitro :)

#36     Apr 8, 2003
  7. Bulls are dead.

Everyone's long.

War is discounted huge.

Now reality sets in...soggy tape + trapped longs = lower.

#37     Apr 8, 2003
  8. nitro

nitro

#38     Apr 8, 2003
  9. nitro

nitro

Spoos went vertical on scenes from IRAQ this morning. They went vertical again on rumors Hussein in Russian Embassy.

The psychology of the markets are unpredictable. However, _NOW_ I think the war is fully priced in [crossing fingers.]

nitro

#39     Apr 9, 2003
  10. thank you .,.you're batting .500

#40     Apr 9, 2003