Here we go again - spoos may be locked limit tonight

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by nitro, Apr 7, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

The pace has slowed...We may be here (886.75, +9.75) a while...

A coil here and there should not break the trendline...

nitro

#21     Apr 7, 2003
  2. And how far does it drop if the "rumor" ends up false, and Iraqi television has a new video of Saddam with his sons eating dinner?

#22     Apr 7, 2003
  3. nitro

nitro

It would get slammed - probably lose 8 handles on one print...

NOT for the faint of heart.

nitro

#23     Apr 7, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

+ 5.75 handles...holding

nitro

#24     Apr 7, 2003
  5. nitro

nitro

NQ showing relative weakness...

One interesting thing on the way down earlier during the morning session was that NQ showed relative STRENGTH vs ES.

This is one strange market, and the possibilities here are endless..

nitro

#25     Apr 7, 2003
  6. nitro

nitro

Fear and doubt setting in.... 75 spread B/A ES.

nitro

#26     Apr 7, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

I am now nearly certain that SH was in that bunker. Whether he was killed or not is another story...

nitro

#27     Apr 8, 2003
  8. silk

silk

The Monday rally should have held based on the news. Since it didn't, it would seem that we arn't going to get anymore war rallies.

Shorts were scared all weekend as all the news pointed to the war was going incredible. Well, shorts won by end of day. Shorts won't be scared anymore.

I don't expect any more big premkt pops based on war news. Even news that we got Saddam isn't doing much for the futures.

Notice how every futures pop in the last 4 days has been an opportunity to sell into it.

#29     Apr 8, 2003
  9. those weren't shorts, what those were we war weary traders working for large houses with sizable trading balances, working feverishly hard to maintain those balances without further shinkage.... (I see desperate people....)

those weren't shorts, what those were were scared traders not willing to keep their over the weekend gains through the day...(I see desperate people....)

those weren't shorts, what those were were opportunists that closed out their Eurpoean trading positions in the American markets, only to leave those in Tokyo and European Bourses stuck with a lower valued position by begining of trade the next business day...(I see desperate people....)

those weren't shorts, they were (I see desperate people....)

#30     Apr 8, 2003