Here is why so many people are unemployed...would you hire these guys?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by retaildaytrader, Jul 11, 2010.

1. http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/11/news/economy/congress_spending_debate/index.htm?hpt=T2

The persons in this video (click on the link) appear so demoralized and out of shape. Lets say you were an employer, would you hire these guys? I honestly think if they started working a job at someplace they would bring the same work ethic they are displaying in the video...demotivation, out of shape lack of energy, etc.

When you get in front of someone, you have to demonstrate energy and the willingness to work. These guys look like they are going through the motions. However, I do acknowledge their spirits might pick up with a job offer, but its a gamble. Whose to say they wont simply show the same motivation while they are employed.

With the attitude I see here, I would not hire these guys in the video for anything even driving trucks or moving boxes. The boxes would never get moved and the trucks would stay parked.

2. Lets ship them all to india, then we can hire them all at outsourcing rates which is more than they are worth...