Here is why it is Impossible to Stop a Clever Terrorist Attack

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Jul 8, 2005.

1. How do you know "they certainly have the capability to do so"?

You say they would be "wasting time in doing little terrorist attacks in the US." I strongly disagree. If they have the capability, why have they not bombed our country's many transportation systems? A bombing attack like that which occured in London should be a simple thing for them, correct? Especially since you claim that "London has 100 times the security that we have in the US." It would give enormous prestige to them to have attacked the Great Satan a second time.

So because of "the few people" you know who voted for Bush, you conclude that everyone who voted for him did so because he is a born-again Christian "and he represents the wishes of God"?!?

ROFLMAO!

Sorry, southamerica, but you are not the dispassionate observer you are trying to make yourself out to be.

#41     Jul 15, 2005
  2. Well, okay. Maybe asking if you are Arab/Muslim is too much to ask.

But the way you go about calling Bush a "Moron" ect., makes me
    think you really hate him for some important reason.

Perhaps you are against the war. Well, if indeed you were against it, and
    you were Arab or Muslim, then you should know that Bush is trying
    to show the Iraq people that they do not have to be led by the
    nose by a murdering idiot like Saddam. They can be a deomocratic
    nation. And perhaps the other nations in the area will pick up on
    this (the people, not the rulers) and want to have a fair shake in
    politics in their country also. It is called "changing ideology".

The current ideology appears to be one of murdering the "Great Satan"
    even if it means murdering it's own people in the process like innocent
    children, women and men in Iraq from "suicide bombers". I can
    hardly believe that the "insurgents" will kill their own people every
    single day the way they do. It is insanity. And it is cruel. The Arab
    people need to know that we are there to free them and re-build
    their country. Leaving now would leave it in ruins and the terrorist
    minded would take over and we would have an outlaw terrorist nation.

So what do you propose that is better than what is happening
    right now? I want to hear it.

If Bush was elected with only 50 million votes then that must be
    the democratic way. If you see change is in order, work towards that goal.
    It is productive. Calling our President an idiot is not productive!
    Just because you do not agree with someone does not make them
    an Moron!

I have read that the biggest reason people voted for Bush was
    because they think he will better protect this country than Kerry.
    Then comes the "keep families where they can actually procreate"
    and the "lets not kill unborn people (babies)" platform the Republicans
    run on.

As far as Peter Peterson and his viewpoints on Bush, who cares
    what one person thinks? He is just trying to sell a book.

#42     Jul 16, 2005
  3. .

Hapaboy: How do you know "they certainly have the capability to do so"?

You say they would be "wasting time in doing little terrorist attacks in the US." I strongly disagree. If they have the capability, why have they not bombed our country's many transportation systems? A bombing attack like that which occured in London should be a simple thing for them, correct? Especially since you claim that "London has 100 times the security that we have in the US." It would give enormous prestige to them to have attacked the Great Satan a second time.

So because of "the few people" you know who voted for Bush, you conclude that everyone who voted for him did so because he is a born-again Christian "and he represents the wishes of God"?!?

Sorry, southamerica, but you are not the dispassionate observer you are trying to make yourself out to be.

SouthAmerica: An influential British organization just published a report that said: “…the report says that decades of experience with terrorism relating to Northern Ireland has meant that the UK has created an impressive capacity for inter-departmental and inter-agency collaboration. The report also praises the establishment of the Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre following 9/11. The report argues that JTAC has proved to be a valuable innovation in assessing threats to UK security.”

SECURITY, TERRORISM AND THE UK - New report
    Riding pillion to the US in order to tackle terrorism is a high-risk policy according to a new report by Chatham House and the Economic & Social Research Foundation. The report assesses Britain's performance in the war on terror, community resilience in light of attacks, the peace process in Northern Ireland and the terrorist threat in elections.
    You can read the report at:

http://www.riia.org/

Last Friday the program “Now” on PBS did show how vulnerable the entire country is regarding the American Chemical plants – and almost nothing has been done to try to prevent a terrorist attack to a chemical plant here in the US.

That was not news to me since I have been writing about that for the last 3 years.

In the middle of October of last year a friend of mine who is a fanatical born again Christian invited me to go to some affair on their church – some kind of feast and there were no religious ceremony in the program, just a quick prayer before we had the food. They had 600 or 700 hundred people attending that event in the church’s hall.

I don’t know what happened to the separation of church and state, but on top of each table there were tablets of paper with the information about the two major presidential candidates – They had the picture of each presidential candidate on top then they had a bunch of questions going down the page about all sorts of political things and they checked the box in front of each question to show if the candidate was in favor or against each particular question.

That piece of literature it did look like was designed as a piece of propaganda to help elect George Bush - the born again Christian – and not as a fair piece of literature to give balanced information about both candidates.

These born again Christians made the difference and they helped elect George Bush despite his terrible record as president on the prior 4 years.

Version77: Well, okay. Maybe asking if you are Arab/Muslim is too much to ask.

But the way you go about calling Bush a "Moron" etc., makes me think you really hate him for some important reason.

SouthAmerica: How about this: He is destroying this country.

You can read in detail what I mean in an article of mine that was publish in February 2005 at the following address:

http://www.brazzilmag.com/content/view/1424/49/

During January and February 2005 that article was published on various newspapers and magazines.

Version77: Perhaps you are against the war. Well, if indeed you were against it, and
    you were Arab or Muslim, then you should know that Bush is trying to show the Iraq people that they do not have to be led by the nose by a murdering idiot like Saddam. They can be a democratic nation. And perhaps the other nations in the area will pick up on this (the people, not the rulers) and want to have a fair shake in politics in their country also. It is called "changing ideology".

I can hardly believe that the "insurgents" will kill their own people every single day the way they do. It is insanity. And it is cruel.

SouthAmerica: Since 9/11 I wrote many articles why the US should not attack Iraq and what a mistake that would be not only for the US but also the effects that such war would have in the rest of the world.

I explained on my articles before the US went to war with Iraq – why Iraq could not have the weapons of mass destruction that the US government claimed that they had. When Colin Powell went to the United Nation before the US started the war – I mentioned in one of my articles that even 15-year old high school students in the US could have prepared a better presentation than the one that they had at the UN.

I said on my articles that the result of attacking Iraq: it would be a nasty civil war.

What you have in Iraq for the last 2 years – In the old days it used to be called a nasty civil war – Today does not matter how many people are being killed on a daily basis the talking heads and the spin doctors on American television are in denial and they say that things are improving in Iraq.

The American media and the American public are in La La Land regarding the realities of the Iraqi war.

In Washington the people in the Bush administration doesn’t have a clue that the US is in the middle of a civil war in Iraq. The civil war started a long time ago, and the Americans have not grasped that there is a civil war around them in Iraq.

But it does not matter if the people in Washington have no grasp of what is happening in Iraq – It is called a civil war and Americans look silly trying to fix a civil war when they could not fix even the problem between Israel and the Palestinians – Americans have been trying to fix that problem for at least 35 years – and now Americans are going to help establish a democracy in Iraq in the middle of the mess and a civil war that has been created since Saddam was deposed?

Are you kidding? You have to be “Brain Dead” or you brain is in “La La Land” to think that you are going to be able to fix that mess.

I want to remind you of a period of American history:

The American civil war – it was a very nasty period in the American history.
    Americans have a short memory, but the American Civil War was a very nasty event, and Americans did to each other the same thing that the Iraqis are doing today - killing each other.

Iraq was ready to explode into a nasty civil war as soon as Saddam was not in power – it is pay back time for all the injustices that have been done for decades in Iraq. And everybody remembers who did what to whom.

Civil wars are events that it is hard to predict who will come up on top at the end of the affair – but the Iraq civil war is under way and there is nothing the United States can do about to prevent it from getting even worse.

As I have been saying all along: Americans don’t have a clue about what kind of mess they got themselves in the middle of.

The only think that we can do at this point it is to hope that the Iraq civil war does not spread to the other countries in the area and the entire Middle East becomes a basket case.

I bet the US Army must have a number of high-ranking Generals who think that George Bush and his close advisors are a bunch of Morons.

Only a “Moron” would provoke the insurgents and say: “Bring them on”

The insurgents are following the Moron’s suggestion and they are killing a lot of innocent people.

When the Moron said: “Bring Them On” he also created an even more riskier environment for the American soldiers fighting this war in Iraq.

I have no doubt that George W. Bush is a “MORON” with capital letters.

Version77: The Arab people need to know that we are there to free them and re-build their country. Leaving now would leave it in ruins and the terrorist minded would take over and we would have an outlaw terrorist nation.

So what do you propose that is better than what is happening right now? I want to hear it.

SouthAmerica: Simple.

Americans should leave Iraq immediately, and let them have their civil war.

After they settle their personal scores they would figure a way to bring peace to their land.

If Americans leave tomorrow morning it is not as if the Iraqi people would start a civil war after the Americans have left the country.

Iraq is already in the middle of a nasty civil war. The only thing that Americans can do it is get out of the way, and let them have their civil war.

Versio77: If Bush was elected with only 50 million votes then that must be the democratic way. If you see change is in order, work towards that goal. It is productive. Calling our President an idiot is not productive! Just because you do not agree with someone does not make them an Moron!

SouthAmerica: We need to create immediately a 3rd and 4th major political parties here in the US, since the two that we have are not providing decent candidates to run the country.

We have too much concentration of power, and no accountability by the current parties.

Today we have one of the worst group of people running things in Washington. And George W. Bush would be a leading candidate to head the list of the worst president in US history.

#43     Jul 19, 2005
  4. Your response, although emotional, does not counter my post. If our country is as vulnerable as you claim, we should have been attacked constantly since 9/11, with London-type attacks occuring on a regular basis.

That you went to a gathering of born-again Christians who voted for Bush does not change the fact that we haven't been attacked again by the Jihadists.

#44     Jul 19, 2005
  5. .

Hapaboy: our response, although emotional, does not counter my post. If our country is as vulnerable as you claim, we should have been attacked constantly since 9/11, with London-type attacks occuring on a regular basis.

That you went to a gathering of born-again Christians who voted for Bush does not change the fact that we haven't been attacked again by the Jihadists.

SouthAmerica: It is a piece of cake for the terrorists to attack US soil at any time that they desire.

It is mind-boggling to me that they have not followed up with another attack since 9/11.

That can mean just one thing: They are not wasting resources with little stuff.

They must be working on something bigger than 9/11. I have no idea what that could be.

But the terrorists proved on 9/11 that they are resourceful, clever, and innovative on their terrorist attacks, and they have imagination.

If you believe that the US government can protect the American people against a terrorists attack, then you must also believe in Santa Claus.

I am not going to lose sleep over this. I know the terrorists are capable of attacking us at any time they want. When they decide to attack us once again I just hope they don’t hurt any of the members of my family and also my friends.

#45     Jul 19, 2005
  6. I do not believe in Santa Claus, nor do I believe that the government can protect us against terrorist attacks 100%. However, that the terrorists haven't struck again here - when it would be in their best interests to do so - IMO is indicative that they do not have the capability to do so at this time.

You may be right that they are planning something bigger than 9/11, but if I were them I would be launching small-scale London-type or smaller attacks all over the country, from coast to coast and in the MidWest to sow fear and get the message across that noone is safe anywhere, all the while planning for that major attack.

We are the Great Satan, Enemy Number One, the avowed target of bin Laden and the Jihadists. Striking us on our own soil again would gain them enormous prestige.

#46     Jul 19, 2005
  7. Southamerica:

Number 1: Do not try to get me to read any of your BS by going to
    an anti-American website. Will not work. This thread is bad enough.

Number 2: I am real happy you have some material published.
    It must feel very nice to be one of the people trying to undermine the US
    government and everything it does.

Number 3: Do not be afraid of going to church and seeing
    something out of the ordinary. Name the church you went to?

Number 4: It is obvious you are anti-Christian from your writings.

Number 5: You believe that Iraq will not become what we are trying
    to do there. Time will tell. It is not over till the Fat Lady Sings.

Number 6: The civil war in America eventually ended. So why not in Iraq?

Number 7: The insurgents are killing their own people. Not our fault.

Number 8: Leave Iraq now and they will really be killing themselves if
    they have a "civil war"? Sounds like a great idea. (Kerryish)...
    And some terrorist group can take over the country... Fine...

P.S. I take it you live in New Jersey. I heard on the news today that
    there is a hotbed of some type of info going around in New Jersey
    so you might want to leave the state for awhile as it seems like it
    might be the next terrorist site. Not kidding...

#47     Jul 19, 2005
  8. When we kill innocents, destroy their infrastructure so that they suffer (their people...you know, the Iraqi people) in Iraq in the process of our fighting, is that their fault too?

By the way, why is it that the regressive neocon right continually misrepresent's Kerry's position on Iraq?

#48     Jul 19, 2005
  9. maxpi

maxpi

The suicide bombers may be dumb but the guys that talk them into it are smart. A dead bomber can't rat you out.

I would think that the leaders should fear more from the families of the kids they use as delivery system for a bomb. These parents should be going after those guys and hunting them down and selling their organs on the black market. That would put a damper on it. So far is seems like the families either go along with it or they are bought off or they are afraid to act. If more Muslims come out against the bombing it could have a big deterring effect. That is one good reason to be in Iraq, Hussein was sending piles of cash to the families of bombers. We need to cut off all reasons for a family to stand by and allow their kids to be used in such a horrible way.

Max

#49     Jul 19, 2005
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

as southamerica said.... "it is mind boggling" that they havent. I wonder why???

#50     Jul 19, 2005