here is why India can't catch up China... and why China can't catch up US

Discussion in 'Economics' started by richardyu301, Aug 22, 2008.

1. #11     Aug 26, 2008
  2. gwivxvvv

gwivxvvv

we cant run ahead of USA, is not the time issue, even gave us 100million ys, we ll still be th same.hehe

#12     Oct 4, 2008
  3. +1

#13     Oct 4, 2008
  4. gwivxvvv

gwivxvvv

+2

#14     Oct 4, 2008
  5. agree with most of it, specially education, and it's not a problem specific to third world countries, the education system is very inefficient here in the US, too much crap vs teaching what really matters

#15     Oct 4, 2008
  6. are you kidding me, the education system in US universities is way too inefficient, it's worse than what I have seen in any other country I have been to, I have studied mech. engineering, too much crap being taught for no fucking reason, it's because universities are quasi-public businesses that are only there for the money, they sign contracts with publishing companies to sell their books, they never cut the crap and go to teaching the actual material that will be needed in real life

I'm gonna go for my PHD, seriously, so I can become one of these lazy a*s professors who are full of pride, do nothing but read off a book and get paid over 100K a year

#16     Oct 4, 2008
  7. America is less then 250 years old. China has been around for thousands of years. If China was ever going to be anything it would have already been so.

#17     Oct 4, 2008
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Avoidance of war, a well-educated population and rejection of dogma --which go hand in hand-- and an ingrained work ethic.

#18     Oct 4, 2008
  9. Education, work ethics, productivity is all nice short term. It's all about resources and who controls them. Period.

#19     Oct 4, 2008
  10. dewton

dewton

Exactly... the Iraq war was about control of oil resources, the lifeblood of modern nations. If oil can be controlled by one entity, that entity can have significant leverage over other nations.

And to add to that, the nation with the strongest military is always the one who controls the most resources... and is always the most prosperous.

Control what other people need... and they won't surpass you as long as you maintain control with a strong defense.

#20     Oct 4, 2008