Here is what means to vote for a Romney/Ryan Presidential ticket in 2012

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Aug 13, 2012.

1. jem

jem

s.a

how can you be blaming america for devaluing the dollar and supporting
    deficit spending at the same time?

spending more that you take in... and allowing the Fed to monetize the debt since as you point out China does not want it anymore... causes the dollar to devalue... and robs the middle class of their standard of living.

so you are advocating screwing the middle class here and you beloved Brazil.

#51     Aug 21, 2012

2. August 21, 2012

SouthAmerica: Jem, enjoy the presentation....

How Banks Create Money out of Thin Air

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zx0vrR2BFp8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#52     Aug 21, 2012
  3. jem

jem

don't change the subject. dont evade the point.
    we are not talking about the creation of money as loans against securitized assets.

I specifically stated when you allow the fed to monetize the debt.

Deficit spending causes the currency to devalue...

-You are pissed the USA currency is going down relative to the Brazillian - Real

- yet you support the wasteful massive deficit spending of the dems and Obama.

Your economic and poltical stances are incompatible.
    Its like arguing a debt crisis can be solved by more spending.
    Oh wait that is what you were arguing.

#53     Aug 21, 2012
  4. wildchild

wildchild

Nice hackjob on Ryan. Here is the leftist answer. This is the same vision Obama has, but he will never tell you.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G2EFSKVo0rs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#54     Aug 21, 2012
  5. I'm a redneck , got a farmers tan too.
    wanna see my tats?

#55     Aug 21, 2012
  6. Reply to Phoenix Trading

Not all rednecks are the same, you might be of this redneck type:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068149/

But Lucrum gives me the idea that he is the film deliverance type.

#56     Aug 21, 2012
  7. Jem: “-You are pissed the USA currency is going down relative to the Brazilian – Real”

August 21, 2012

SouthAmerica: Reply to jem

Jem you got all wrong, this is what I have been saying for the last 2 years.

The real appreciated even more against the US dollar see my posting below - and I wrote a number of times here on ET and also on Brazzil magazine that they should devalue the Brazilian currency by 35 percent against the US dollar and also against the Chinese yuan.

In the last years the Brazilian currency has been devalued by 33 percent so far – exactly what I had been suggesting all along.

The only problem is that today Euroland, China, and the US economies are all imploding and going to hell, I suggested that the Brazilian currency keep pace with the US dollar and also the Chinese yuan on this race to the bottom.

I was pissed with Ben Bernanke's QE.....XXXXXXXXXXXX..program, because what he is doing is exporting inflation, bubbles and trouble to the economies of the emerging countries including Brazil.

And when the Selic interest rate was over 12 percent in Brazil (the Brazilian fed funds rate) I have been suggesting for the Brazilian Central bank to reduce it all the way to 7 percent to get ride off the “Hot Money” that was flooding the Brazilian economy and blowing bubbles inside the Brazilian economy.

I hope the Selic rate reaches the 7 percent level by early 2013.

If the race to the bottom gets worse against the US dollar and the Chinese yuan then they should lower the Selic rate even further to 6 percent to keep the “Hot Money” away from the Brazilian economy.

Here is one of my postings here on ET forum from almost 2 years ago.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...409&highlight=Devalue+the+real+by#post2998409

...November 1, 2010

SouthAmerica: In my opinion, on Wednesday when Ben Bernanke announces the next wave of QE2, then Finance Minister Guido Mantega should also announce a 30 percent devaluation of the Real, and adopt a fixed rate currency system pegged to a basket of currencies including the US dollar and the Chinese yuan – a program designed to stop the “Hot Money” from going into the Brazilian market to blow all kinds of bubbles in Brazil.

There's nothing wrong with this strategy, since the 2 countries with the 2 largest economies in the world are not playing a fair game in the international monetary arena, and Brazil should play the game according to their rules.

If having a currency system pegged to the US dollar is good for China, it should also be good for Brazil. And since these 2 countries are very important for the Brazilian economy, then Brazil should first devalue its currency by 30 percent, then adopt a fixed rate currency system pegged to a basket of currencies including the US dollar and the Chinese yuan.

And neither country has the right to complain anything to Brazil if Brazil adopts this currency strategy, since this strategy is designed to protect Brazilian manufacturers, the tourism industry in Brazil, and to keep the “Hot Money” from blowing bubbles inside the Brazilian economy.

After Brazil follow these steps, Henrique Meirelles at the Central Bank should take action and reduce the Selic interest rate in Brazil in the coming months to a level around 8 percent or even lower.

And don't forget to put a penalty in place for when the “Hot Money” starts to leave Brazil in a stampede – make these guys pay on the way out for the damage that their actions will cause to the Brazilian economy.

#57     Aug 21, 2012
  8. jem

jem

exactly.. inconsistent goals...

S.A. stated...

"I was pissed with Ben Bernanke's QE.....XXXXXXXXXXXX..program, because what he is doing is exporting inflation, bubbles and trouble to the economies of the emerging countries including Brazil."

Well that is what happens when you support Obama's insane deficit spending... If China won't buy all of the debt you have to monetize... and you have QE it.

#58     Aug 21, 2012
  9. umm ya kinda got that backwards:)

#59     Aug 21, 2012

10. Ben Bernanke is hiding in the Fed's balance sheet a ton of toxic assets that the major banks should be writing off and taking the actual losses.

Ben Bernanke has been keeping interest rates artificially low, and his QE program it is just BS to help Wall Street hide their gambling losses.

The deficit spending by the US government it is another story......

#60     Aug 21, 2012