here is proof that it can be done

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jonnysharp, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Dustin

Dustin

Ok so those are the bad things you can do as a learning trader. Now what are the positive things YOU have done? What have you learned that can actually help you get positive? Did you ever try a journal?

I think from some of your posts that you trade futures. Did you ever notice that hardly any futures traders post on the P&L thread?

#11     Aug 4, 2006
  2. andread

andread

It's impossible to learn without a mentor, but the only way to do it is by yourself?
    :confused:

#12     Aug 4, 2006
  3. Who knows.. most mentors are scammers who couldn't make a dime off of their trading. Maybe a dime, but not anything significant.

Yeah, it is nearly impossible to do it yourself as well, which makes trading to make money an extremely impossible and ever elusive dream for many.

#13     Aug 4, 2006
  4. jho

jho

Are you saying you're calling it quits? Or just venting?

#14     Aug 4, 2006
  5. The good things I did were, I started trading VERY YOUNG. As possible as young you can be since I finished college etc. Thus, I was able to limit my losses. Had I tried trading at any other time in my life, I would've lost a lot more.

I kept a journal and it took a lot of effort writing stuff down, I think writing it down may've affected my trading... but, thats no biggie.

No Futures traders post on the P/L thread because those who make money makes HUGE amounts of money. I know I would like to remain anonymous if I ever make any money.

#15     Aug 4, 2006
  6. na.. just saying it like it should be said. Thats all.

#16     Aug 4, 2006
    #17     Aug 4, 2006
  8. I am afraid it wasn't his ego that did him in. It was his INEXPERIENCE.

1-1.5 years is hardly enough time to learn anything about the markets and what it can do to you.

The #1 skill required to master the markets is EXPERIENCE.. but, what happens to most people are they underestimate the markets, and lose out before being able to acquire the adequate experience. (An EXPERIENCED/market tested market operator is EGOLESS because he knows the market, because he knows that the market will win out.)

#18     Aug 4, 2006
  9. I agree, to a an extent, but his need to be right, exceeded that of making money. Which is the goal at the end of the day.

He said everything you said almost daily.

Find out what's blocking your progress, or learn to use what you know in a diff. way.

I was just trying to suggest an alternative way to look at things.

Best,

David

#19     Aug 4, 2006
  10. Dustin

Dustin

Ego and stubbornness seem to be a problem here. For example instead of realizing the reality that futures trading is considerably harder than stock trading you say that futures traders just make such big $ that they wouldn't post on the P&L thread.

There's another clue here that you are probably trading for big $ like these mystery traders you speak of...and possibly skipped the consistent $100-500 daily goals.

#20     Aug 4, 2006