Here is proof that IB last is simply not good enough

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by Alek, May 14, 2009.

1. Alek

Alek

Here is proof that IB last is simply not good enough

2. Alek

Alek

my message to IB

IF IT AIN'T BROKEN, Do NOT FIX IT

IB keeps fixing what ain't broken, why in the world do they keep doing that

3. Eight

Eight

Petterfly must be a weird guy. Technical guy with an underfed brain perhaps, not a manager that can put a project together in a great way. I've seen a dozen of them in my high tech career. No project management skills, just happy horseshit technical party all day every day with as little communication with the real world as possible....

Companies are shaped by the people at the top. He's doing something way wrong there but I'm sure he is completely oblivious to it.. when he goes, it COULD change but likely it will get worse because for him it's a labor of love but the new owners will squeeze all the money out of it they can get.. and not fix anything, it happens every time...

4. Eight

Eight

The only reason to use a stop order is so the market cannot trade through your price...

5. Alek

Alek

wow you know the guy

6. Alek

Alek

sorry I have to disagree, with the fact that you make it sound as unnecessary

as a day trader I use stops for all kinds of strats and do have a problem with IB definition of LAST

7. Alek

Alek

When the LAST price touches your target but doesn't trigger (which is the case here)

if it did and you were hoping to enter, you would have gotten Better position by few points

Next time the IB LAST touches it and you get a fill, You got screwed on the slippage

WHERE AS THE FIRST TIME YOU WOULDN'T HAVE

like I said, not many real traders on this board I guess