HERE is how to make money consistently trading the open

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Quantfisher, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Also, try this exercise. See if you can hold winning trades on average twice as long as losing trades. Automation and any kind of analysis is a little next level for most of us, isn't it? ;)

#71     Apr 3, 2017
  2. MrScalper

MrScalper

Why do I get a feeling that sOme People talk to themselves :)

#72     Apr 3, 2017
    Bob111 likes this.
  3. Try this:

Flip a coin. If it's heads, enter a buy order. If it's tails, enter a sell order.

Place a stop-loss equal to 1X, and profit target equal to 2X, the previous bar's range.

After 5 minutes, if the trade is in the green hold for 5 more minutes and sell at the 10 minute mark, or at any time the profit target is hit. If it's in the red after 5 minutes, sell immediately or when the stop-loss is hit. If a trade that is green after 5 minutes reverses to the entry point, sell at break-even.

It would be cool to see some verifiable third party results posted. :cool: Any takers?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    #73     Apr 3, 2017
  4. Good for you. -- Make your millions then doing that, and when That time comes...report back here :wtf: o_O to show-off and gloat about accomplishing the impossible,

These kind of stories, or posts, are a dime-a-dozen on trading forums. Very little diamond, and a whole bunch of ore or rough.
    The only thing 'elite' about this place is the title.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    #74     Apr 3, 2017
  5. With all do respect, Lex, I disagree. The points he is making are valid. Trade when price is moving, and use time, to your advantage. READING PRICE IS ALL TOGETHER USELESS.

I have made millions trading predominantly the first 90 minutes using a similar method to the random coin flip. Don't believe me? Post the results of the aforementioned experiment yourself. :thumbsup: I'm too old now and lack programming skills to keep up with today's kids. :D

#75     Apr 3, 2017
    MACD likes this.
  6. Bob111

Bob111

What is this? A quote from 1980? Market makers?

#76     Apr 3, 2017
  7. Uhhh, you shouldn't be breathing, let alone trading if your brain is this handicapped.

This thread is gold!

#77     Apr 3, 2017
  8. Mysteron

Mysteron

No I don't believe you, as I have looked into the method you quoted and it is apparent that you are talking pure fantasy.

With 175 days of DAX 1min data, using the rule you specified in the first 90 minutes, and with the additional proviso of an interval of 2 minutes between trades results in 1400 trades with steady losses.
    Gain.png

#78     Apr 8, 2017
    ironchef and comagnum like this.
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

Beauty of open is that HFTs do not like price discovery... There is a thread on opening orders only (OPG) that was created by Don Bright.

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/opening-onlys-2010.187382/

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    #79     Apr 12, 2017
  10. What is it that you believe was left out?

#80     Apr 29, 2017