HERE is how to make money consistently trading the open

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Quantfisher, Mar 28, 2017.

1. No need for a method just a statistic to base a maximum of 3 daily trades on.

#21     Mar 28, 2017
  2. QuantTROLL

#22     Mar 28, 2017
    Chubbly likes this.
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Just use a BB band, M1 BB 20sma 2.0Dev, trade the break out from sideways markets before news/open.

hint, chop will kill you :(

#23     Mar 28, 2017
  4. Chop isn't even a consideration when you place your pre-open buy and sell stops at low-risk levels based on the very important statistic as mentioned.

I am no troll. I'm one of the few, the proud, retail traders posting on this site.

#24     Mar 28, 2017
  5. motif

motif

Post a chart/s with your method.

#25     Mar 28, 2017
    nakachalet likes this.
  6. Why would I post a chart of a single daily bar? At the opening bell, just add the put and call premiums for the nearest strike price to the open and you have the expected move. If it equals .70 that means they will close price very near either 70 cents above or below the open.

#26     Mar 28, 2017
  7. Intraday charts are not used as a basis for trades. They are simply derived from information that should already be sifted through prior to the opening bell.

The open fade gives a trader the chance to get in at a better price while minimizing risk as mentioned. Apart from the first 30 minutes to do so, intraday charts are useless.

#27     Mar 28, 2017
  8. Actually there was already confirmation. Hence I was able to catch the lows and ride this nice rally. However it tends to hunt stops more so than normal part of session before taking off hence very tricky to do it on a consistent basis.

#28     Mar 28, 2017
  9. lindq

lindq

Did somebody here just fart?

#29     Mar 28, 2017
    VincentvanG likes this.
  10. The jig is up ye sir, mate, but you can fake talk shop all you want. I strongly encourage anyone looking for an edge to read my posts and ignore the rest. Feel free to PM or email me too.

I HAVE NOTHING TO SELL. Just trying to save some aspiring traders time and a bit of mental capital.

#30     Mar 28, 2017
    ThunderThor likes this.