Here is a question to ponder

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EMRGLOBAL, May 12, 2009.

1. Mav88

Mav88

The problem with this racial discriminatory shopping is that when blacks adopt this divisive 'we' versus 'them' attitude, they want to reserve it only for occasions as they see fit. When they want something from whites, such as a job at a white owned enterprise, they want then to claim that discrimination is illegal. White's can't call it 'our' business, it belongs to all.

from the article: Price, the Morehouse professor, said defining the project's success won't be easy, since the real barriers to black advancement are poor access to capital and lack of training opportunities.

Typical 'black think', there are training programs- they are called schools and the marketplace, but blacks think that their failure to take advantage of them is due to some sort of parallel universe for others. The real problems with blacks is their culture.

#11     May 13, 2009
  2. Eric215

Eric215

I'm really getting sick of all these people being arrogant and judgmental towards the black community. Most of the people making negative comments toward blacks grew up in suburbia in a middle class family, like myself. They have no idea what it is like to grow up in a crime infested, low income community, like the inner cities. If you were born into those harsh surroundings you would act no differently. Sociology basically proves that the majority of people will turn out just like their parents and nearby community influences. When you can grow up in the projects and be subjected to negative surroundings day after day after day and then on top of that have most white people look down on you, then you can start talking and judging. Sure, it is a cultural and social problem, I agree, but as Americans it is all our problem together. Black people were treated like shit and second class citizens until just recently and now all of a sudden they are suppose to join the white community (who still mostly doen't like them) and act like good little perfect citizens. I'm not for monetary reparations but how about at least a little understanding and sympathy for a race that has been treated like dog shit for almost all of American history. I'm not specifically talking about anyone here, but just to the general ignorance of certain people who could not last a day in the other person's shoes.

#12     May 13, 2009
  3. I did a stint in the rural southern US and saw this very thing. Southern Baptists would only do business with each other. Not to mention screwing each other over, which I saw too. LOL

They had this phone book they published called "The Christian Yellow Pages". This of course showed their presumption that they were the only true Christians. Fun bunch.

#13     May 13, 2009
  4. Mav88

Mav88

I'm really getting sick of all these people being arrogant and judgmental towards the black community. Most of the people making negative comments toward blacks grew up in suburbia in a middle class family, like myself. They have no idea what it is like to grow up in a crime infested, low income community, like the inner cities. If you were born into those harsh surroundings you would act no differently. Sociology basically proves that the majority of people will turn out just like their parents and nearby community influences. When you can grow up in the projects and be subjected to negative surroundings day after day after day and then on top of that have most white people look down on you, then you can start talking and judging. Sure, it is a cultural and social problem, I agree, but as Americans it is all our problem together. Black people were treated like shit and second class citizens until just recently and now all of a sudden they are suppose to join the white community (who still mostly doen't like them) and act like good little perfect citizens. I'm not for monetary reparations but how about at least a little understanding and sympathy for a race that has been treated like dog shit for almost all of American history. I'm not specifically talking about anyone here, but just to the general ignorance of certain people who could not last a day in the other person's shoes.

I am judged almost daily, by the likes of people like you and Jesse Jackson, to be guilty of several sins just because I am white. When the finger pointing, institutionalized hatred of white men, and excuses stop on your side then so will I.

Poor is not an excuse, race is not an excuse, parents are certainly not an excuse because mostly their parents are absentee, history is not an excuse... it is time to quit being a professional victim.

#14     May 14, 2009
  5. True story:
    I witnessed a black woman say to her black co-workers that she hated whitey and was, from that moment on, going to only buy things that a black person had made.
    A friend of hers told her "Girl, you gonna be walkin' to work nekkid!"
    The screams of laughter could be heard in the next county.

#15     May 14, 2009
  6. Eric215

Eric215

With all due respect I disagree strongly with the basis of your argument. There are several points I could address, most notably would be the one where you talk about institutionalized racism against whites and that I judge you because you're white, lol, but ET isn't the place for a debate on race relations. It's seems fair to say that you haven't studied sociology because you don't show an understanding of how certain cultures and societies evolve, how they got that way, and what can be done to potentially fix the problem. This isn't about being a victim, it's about understanding why a specific race, who has equal intelligence, lives a culture the way that they do. Until we come to together as Americans, not whites and blacks, these cultural and societal problems with certain races will not be fixed. No hard feeling and good luck.

#16     May 14, 2009
  7. Mav88

Mav88

Sociology is not science, it is tool to advance the political agenda of whoever uses it, I don't care what it says.

It is easy to see what's happening now, not 50 years ago. Nowadays black kids are raised by single moms, taught that most of their problems are caused by whites (institutionalized hatred), fed afrocentric garbage, they think traditional learning and good grades is too 'white', they want to be athletes and hip hop artists, have high violence levels against each other, abuse drugs, ... let's give benefit of doubt and assume it's all my fault (a white guy). Ok now what, what's the solution? I write a check and all their behavioral problems go away? I always thought that we are each responsible for what we do, but hey I guess I didn't read the Sociology books.

If they hate me, I don't really care about their socialogical excuses, I personally have done nothing. It's all part of the decay of the USA, our culture will not enable any kind of solution to the probems in front of us.

#17     May 14, 2009
  8. pspr

pspr

It's almost time to divide this country down the middle. All the conservatives move west and all the liberals move east. If you're neither, then just get out! :eek:

#18     May 14, 2009
  9. This thread should get real good when Pabst shows up.

#19     May 15, 2009