Here is a list of accomplishments we have in Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Dec 21, 2003.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

Iraqi's are free....Country becomes a democracy and the War seems to have been a success in freeing the Iraqi people and getting rid of a thug like Saddam and crew.....The Military has long turned over the country to the new Iraqi Government....everything looks great......

this cost the Amerrican people who knows how many lives and how many $$$ is anyones guess.......

at this point...DO YOU THINK WE WOULD BE A SAFER COUNTRY and please do elaborate why ( because I cant phathom how someone could make that statement that we are safer)?????

#21     Dec 22, 2003
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Prove me to me that America is safer since the war? Sure. How many times have we been attacked in this country in the last year? None.

As for the WMD. I hate to say this as I don't agree with this, But I think George W. will be parading Bin Laden and the WMD two months or so before the election. I think it's his ace up the sleeve. I think we know exactly where the WMD are and Bin Laden but there is no advantage of bringing them out now. All you do is give Dean months and months of time to question the claims. No, you will see both revealed at the 11th hour. And you have to admit, if you were Bush's campaign strategist, you would do the same thing too.

#22     Dec 22, 2003
  3. msfe

msfe

Maverick74:

..... 25 ministers, selected by the most representative governing body in Iraq's history, run the day-to-day business of
    government.

Mr. Bremer ... the most representative governing selector ever in Mesopotamia´s history of 7000+ years

#23     Dec 22, 2003
  4. So according to your "theory" Bush can stop this terror warning of Level Orange right now by announcing the location of WMD and Bin Laden, all the while it is having a negative impact on Christmas sales, retailers, mass psychology but rather he chooses not to because he is mainly concerned about his own re-election?

Great guy that GW.

#24     Dec 22, 2003
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

are u serious??? you are too funny........there were no attacks after 911 and before the War either.....so i am going to assume your answer is a flat out NO; we cannot possibly be safer.....to say otherwise shows how dumb you can be, seriously...unless of course you tell us why you feel it would be safer ( maybe a "we found weapons of mass destruction that will not be available to use against us" )....you see ..you want to turn this into a political thing...I dont....I want to know what the hell we are doing and why...when there may have been a dozen ohter alternatives.....

can we put politics aside.....thank you

#25     Dec 22, 2003
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

are u serious??? you are too funny........there were no attacks after 911 and before the War either

Are you serious? What was the 1991 WTC bombing? What was the terrorist attack on the USS Cole? Dude, you need to spring for basic cable man and start watching some CNN or something. you are really missing out here.

..so i am going to assume your answer is a flat out NO; we cannot possibly be safer.....to say otherwise shows how dumb you can be, seriously...unless of course you tell us why you feel it would be safer ( maybe a "we found weapons of mass destruction that will not be available to use against us" )

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Since 9/11, we have killed both of Saddam's sons who were much more brutal then he was, we have arrested over 400 terrorists!!!!!! We have shut down over 100 terrorist training camps!!!!!!. We have seized hundreds of millions of dollars in terrorist money, we have shut down their lines of communication and we have Bin Laden running around the dessert like a scared catholic school girl. And top of this we got Saddam. So do I feel safer? You bet your f*cking ass I do. How can you not?

see ..you want to turn this into a political thing...I dont....I want to know what the hell we are doing and why...when there may have been a dozen other alternatives.....

You know I hate to break this to you but you are never going to know what the hell is going on and why ok buddy. I would love to know who killed JFK. I would love to know where Jimmy Hoffa is buried. I would love to know what's going on at area 51. I would love to hear what really happened between Jack Kennedy and Kruschef (sp) during the Cuban missile Crisis. You are a riot man. You need to come down to the real world and just accept the fact that you are going to be the last guy on the deal team ok. You'll know the truth of what's going on 40 years from now when the history channel does a special 2 hour episode on what really happened in Iraq and 9/11 OK? You need to get ouf of this dreamworld that you are living in where you think our government is going to feed you every little detail about what's going on in the world!

#26     Dec 22, 2003
  7. On the one hand you state we cannot know what really takes place......

but on other hand you are sure we did the "right" thing, and feel safer now.

You have strong beliefs and opinions, without question, but the strength with which one "feels" they are right is no indicator of being correct. In fact, strong "feelings" of being right are often indicative of a lack of proper reasoning and emotionalism, brainwashing, black and white thinking, self righteousness, or narrow mindedness.

#27     Dec 22, 2003
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

I said after 911 and before the WAR...obviously u missed that .... how convinient......going forward the same can still happen is my point....and to say it cant is stupid....we have arrested 400 terrorist....yet any one terrorist with $1500 can cross the rio grande.....try spending money in the righ tway we may in fact see a safer place down the road....you are the one that needs to get down from the clouds....Saddams sons were killed; big fucking deal.....I WANT WMD and better security on our borders....thats what wew ent to WAR for...peace

#28     Dec 22, 2003
  9. Ten years from now we might be able to say the above but 1 year doesn't mean squat in this war regarding how safe we are IMO.

#29     Dec 22, 2003
  10. Pabst

Pabst

You guy's don't get it. Forget WMD's, liberation, democracy. Think pseudo-genocidal war against wahabism. The left somehow thinks this a rational enemy. LOL. The administration is hip to the fact that we're history unless we must destroy/alter close to a dozen governments in Asia and Africa. You can see what pussies the West is by some of the post's on this board. You think suicide bombers are thinking, "oh what a waste, 400 of our boys have died needlessly." Wahabis want your day trading ass!! And you know what, they may get it. Why? Because Europe and the U.S. will cave and appease and then some day be annihilated. There will be a day when nukes are to nations what handguns are to households. If you want to bet your future on the kindness and morality of a bunch of mullahs then be my guest. I recognize we are in the midst of a fight to the death. The gauntlet has been thrown. Whether in New York, Tel Aviv, or Bali, we know where our enemy stands. The question is, where do we stand?

#30     Dec 22, 2003