Here is a great American: Noam Chomsky

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Feb 12, 2012.

1. zdreg

zdreg

noam chomsy, sob. justified the Khmer rouge and their murderous regime and killing fields in cambodia.

#11     Feb 12, 2012
  2. he does sort of look like a cross between a schnauzer and some kind of terrier, so it is quite possible his mother was actually a female dog.

otherwise we will anxiously be awaiting your quotes from him justifying the killing fields.

And as always, thank you for your informative post.

also, do you have anything on Nancy Reagan's sex slave business? I've heard all the accusations but never actually read any of the evidence.

#12     Feb 12, 2012
  3. zdreg

zdreg

http://www.paulbogdanor.com/chomsky/wma.html

#13     Feb 12, 2012
  4. not bad, a very well written article

you probably could have made your point a little better without resorting to name calling (especially right off the bat.)

but who am I to advise people on the power of politeness?

#14     Feb 12, 2012
  5. "It is important not to dismiss someone simply because you’ve heard his opinion about something that you disagree with – then you wrote that person off about everything else."

I think they call it throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Someone says one or two questionable things and the hundreds of other true things they say are now somehow invalid. We can employ flexible, critical thinking and decide which ideas are worthy.

#15     Feb 12, 2012
  6. "I see his message as a fairly simple one, but well thought out and supported by fact."

I would appreciate a statement of his message. If it is well thought out, the mentioned simplicity will speak for itself. If there are facts that will support this, what are they?

To me it all seemed like pedagogical gobbly gook.

Chomsky seemed detached from the real world - too much Ivory Tower. Think Glass Bead Game. He is a grown man. He should get a haircut and a real job, like trading futures or something.

#16     Feb 12, 2012
  7. zdreg

zdreg

ET is not exactly polite society.

#17     Feb 12, 2012
  8. zdreg

zdreg

justifying mass murder crosses the line. there are other intellectuals of equal caliber worth listening to.

#18     Feb 12, 2012
  9. baro-san

baro-san

He's a good talker, and a Utopist. This doesn't make him less dangerous that the opportunists, and the mindless.

#19     Feb 12, 2012
  10. February 12, 2012

SouthAmerica: Reply to Quickless

Welcome to ET forums. You are a new member to this forums and after checking some of your postings I can see that you are a recent college graduate, and a rookie in the investment and gambling world of Wall Street.

When you said on your posting that “Chomsky seemed detached from the real world - too much Ivory Tower. Think Glass Bead Game. He is a grown man. He should get a haircut and a real job, like trading futures or something.”

Your posting shows your complete ignorance about Noam Chomsky – who he is and his achievements in a long life – He is 84 years old today, and he is traveling all over the place, because people want to listen to what he has to say in Europe, Asia, South America and around the United States.

At 84 years old Noam Chomsky has a better memory than most 25 year old kids. When he is giving speeches and answering questions from the public he shows his encyclopedic knowledge about many subjects, and detailed information with names and dates.

He usually does an outstanding job connecting the dots on very complex information and put it in a language that the average Joe can understand it.

Quickless, you said: “He is a grown man. He should get a haircut and a real job, like trading futures or something.”

Do you really believe that seating in front a computer screen and following the herd and trading some futures is a grown man's job?

You are trading in a rigged game where over 70 percent of the transactions are done by high frequency trading and an artificial economic system based on heavy US government intervention and manipulation – It is the lights are on but there's nobody home – The entire system is in automatic pilot, and in La La Land.

On the other hand you don't understand the importance of Noam Chomsky's, because he is actually using his brain to think and to connect the dots, and trying to make sense of a world that changes all the time and today is spinning completely out control.

We have very few people with superior mind and ability to analyze and think clearly around the world like Noam Chomsky - His lectures, articles, and many books inspire, teach and enrich our lives.

#20     Feb 12, 2012