Here Comes The Shaft

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Where can we vote for this? Better still, put BOTH OF THEM ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE LINE.. and let them stroke each other...

Leaving the other side for REAL AMERICANS... LIBERTARIANS!!!!

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#21     Oct 1, 2008
  2. right.this is just a set-up for their future operations, which is why they are so intent on getting it passed.

everyone needs to email and call their 2 senators within the next couple hours.Call up their office.Of course you wont speak to the Senator directly, but you can speak to someone who works for him/her.

give your real name, address, phone number and email, then tel them how you feel about the Bailout and how people in your area feel about it (in my area I have yet talked to someone who is for it).Tel them you voted for him/her and you expect him/her to do what the people of your state want.If not, tel 'em their reputation will be damaged and that they wont stand a chance in the next Election.

keep reminding them that they are there because of the people of the State and they need to do what the people of this State want.Dont be rude but be firm..

I have found this approach to be extremely effective in the past.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

#22     Oct 1, 2008
  3. BSAM

BSAM

We might be "swindled", but we won't be "believing".

#23     Oct 1, 2008
  4. Yes this is an inane scenario gotten into by us from Wall Street, Dems and Republicans. Gut feel has always been NO, let 'em pay responsibility and bailout won't work.

What has happened in the last 13 months except enabling banks to recover as much as possible their losses at our expense.

Sad thing is this scenario and their answer has had been conceived for quite a while. We have to do something because leaders are doing the same thing with Social Security, National Debt, etc.

The time to clean house is NOW! My vote is for McCain and Palin. <b>I hope they stick to their instinctive principles and yank the noose around the bastards that represent us.</b>

Gilbert aka Pay$ense

#24     Oct 1, 2008
  5. MKTrader

MKTrader

Oh, please. Get past the partisan bickering.

If you go back to one of the core causes of this, the Community Reinvestment Act, it was brought to you by Jimmy Carter in 1977. Clinton made it even more radical and politically correct in 1995. Banks were pressured to make loans sans traditional credit-worthiness criteria, like the size of the mortgage payment relative to income, savings history, and income verification. Without all those bad loans, Wall St. wouldn't have had nearly as much junk to "securitize."

And B. Hussein O-Scam-A is further to the Left than either of those clowns.

I'm not a fan of Bush, either, but trying to blame all this on the "last 8 years" and "deregulation" is incredibly short-sighted.

#25     Oct 1, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

They don't care whether or not we're in disbelief... only that we GREASE UP AND TAKE IT!! Nothing else matters...

#26     Oct 1, 2008
  7. Let's make one thing clear.

Congress are among the most hated people in this country. That is not my individual opinion.

It is simply replacing hate with the disapproval which is found time and time again in polls which gauge collective opinion.

But there is a new chance to become the HATED of the HATED.

The most HATED people in America will be those COWARDS who changed their house votes to pass the this bill.

The scapegoats will be the few who said I voted against before I voted for it.

I CANNOT believe any member changing from NO to YES will be re-elected. There was a good reason they voted NO in the first place, chances are they were not only following their conscience but correctly representing their constituency.

House members who change their vote from NO to YES are committing political suicide and will have Hell to pay.

#27     Oct 1, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

I doubt it. The majority is prepared to vote for NObama, reagardless.... it's like none of this even made an impression on the mass of voters.

#28     Oct 1, 2008
  9. that's not how they'll spin it

they'll say that voting no, improved the bill to be the 'great bill' that gets passed - that they should be p[raised for their 'brinksmanship'

never underestimate the power of spin and lies

from following the immigration debate, i can tell you that politicians and the media are capable of saying black is white, up is down 2 + 2 = 5 without blinking at all

#29     Oct 1, 2008
  10. You are absolutely right about mass of voters.

That is why Senators will not pay a price.

But the House of Representatives is a different deal.

In most Houses races which are contested a shift of
    10 % will turn a race.

A very complacent House misunderstood this in 1994.

The most shocked people in America in 1994 were the likes of senior committee chairs like Dan Rostenkowski and Jack Brooks.

The House members WHO do change their votes should be investigated for taking BRIBES because why else would someone give up the gravy train career of elected for private life.

#30     Oct 1, 2008