herbert hoover

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hellrider, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Uhhhh, did Bush inherit a depression?

Man, I have never seen anyone work so hard to perpetuate their own mythology of hatred of FDR as waaaaay past his prime...

#11     Jul 4, 2007
  2. "See children, republicans are only there to represent the rich at the expense of the poor."

Never understood that statement.

I have never been hired by a poor man. Never bought a book or learned how to get rich from a poor man. "At the expense of the poor" what is a rich man going to take from a poor man?

I have no objection with my civic responsibility to aid the less fortunate through taxes, what I have a problem with is the mismanagement of the money.

The best one to date is to pay the kids to get a library card, to show up for school, mom and dad get a cookie too for being a parent. Bravo! When they graduate they should be eligible for unemployment benefits.

#12     Jul 4, 2007
  3. Pretty remarkable that if you ask 100 people if there is waste in government you will get darn close to 100 in agreement...

I guess that makes it the poor and working class's fault that things don't change...

Not as if the ruling class isn't doing their damnedest to clean up D.C., right?

#13     Jul 5, 2007
  4. ""I guess that makes it the poor and working class's fault that things don't change...""

Thanks for reminding me, never blame the victim.

#14     Jul 5, 2007