Henry Paulson Gave Hedge Fund Advance Word of 2008 Fannie Mae Rescue

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ElecEquity, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Another practice Goldman engaged in during the Internet boom was "spinning," better known as bribery. Here the investment bank would offer the executives of the newly public company shares at extra-low prices, in exchange for future underwriting business. Banks that engaged in spinning would then undervalue the initial offering price — ensuring that those "hot" opening-price shares it had handed out to insiders would be more likely to rise quickly, supplying bigger first-day rewards for the chosen few. So instead of Bullshit.com opening at $20, the bank would approach the Bullshit.com CEO and offer him a million shares of his own company at $18 in exchange for future business — effectively robbing all of Bullshit's new shareholders by diverting cash that should have gone to the company's bottom line into the private bank account of the company's CEO.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-great-american-bubble-machine-20100405?print=true

#11     Dec 5, 2011
  2. That was not the point you were making. You know that and every thinking person would that too.

Hook up with Martinhole... He thinks he can think...

By the way you might check for contradictions in your shallow post as well...

Ask for help by the hole I mentioned.

#12     Dec 5, 2011
  3. He ignored my question as well.

#13     Dec 5, 2011
  4. MKTrader

MKTrader

You mean the guy who's on the JV team for either the Fed or one of the big banks and always comes on here as their apologist?

#14     Dec 5, 2011
  5. You've got me...

#15     Dec 5, 2011
  6. dtan1e

dtan1e

think there is a word for it call "Regulatory capture"

#16     Dec 5, 2011