Help with trading strategy :)

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Kastro_316, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Hey guy's

ok, some of you might know me, but i am at a point in which i need to start back-testing stategies and stop putting 100% of my time in the books and sims :)

I was wondering if any could give me a link, or show me a good trading stategy? (US Stocks)

I would like to create my own, but i am having problems doing so...From saying that can anyone help me out with finding a basic strategy to learn from?

THank you :)

2. You might check out the Journals Section of this web site. A few of the Journal Threads lay out their entire strategy for you. Don Bright's Opening Orders, ElectricSavant's Cash and Carry, as well as, a few other Journals provide everything you need to get started.

Good Luck to you.

- Spydertrader

3. Ok, i will give that a look! Thank you :)

4. Find stocks in a strong trend and enter on a pullback. You have a clearly defined stop, target and r/r. What more can you ask for? Oldy but goody.:)

5. opps.. wrong thread... :D

6. da-net

da-net

you might want to take a look at John Crane's way of Swing Trading. Just watched the DVD and am reading the book...looks very interesting!

7. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

8. Thanks guys!

Anyone else?

9. Play with pre-installed indicators and strategies in your backtesting software.

Helps you learn to understand and program well in the specific software.