help with starting please

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Mav88, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Mav88

Mav88

I want to trade bonds, notes, GE etc. electronically.

Used IB a few years ago, but I also need real time streaming charts. Any suggestions?

thanks

2. morreo

morreo

If you are entering and exiting within the same day and trading outrights I suggest trading the asian shift.

If you are making spreads, you should probably trade the european shift and the early day shift.

It has been very tough lately for me, so best of luck.

3. Mav88

Mav88

I see, volatility is historical, sorry that you are having a tough time.

Do the electronic markets though your broker take OCO orders after or before you enter?

Is it ok to ask what broker and charting service you use and think is best?

thanks

4. morreo

morreo

Technically, I don't use a broker. I am connected directly to the exchange and get real time quotes from Trading Technologies. I am able to put in OCO orders whenever I want (I actually do so often usually after I make a trade, but I can put it in before).

I use CQG for my charting and find they are the best for market analysis and charting spreads. As for brokers, no idea.

5. For brokers, try Velocity: you can access to X_Trader free on 1 exchange (paying obviously a surcharge for rt - check their site), have access to OCO Trader ltd plugin for placing your OCO orders, the X_Study charting module and excellent service/ tech support. Alternatively they offer Ninjatrader on TT feed. good luck--